“Lovely Hotel with friendly staff and great servie.”

Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Turned up at the hotel to be greeted by a nice man on reception who was very friendly and helpful. Pleasently surprised at how nice the whole hotel was. Lots of free parking and a good sized room that was very comfortable, clean and tidy. Leisure facilities were brilliant and also again a lovely lady greeted us and gave us our clean towels to use. Breakfast was everything you could expect well cooked, hot and tasty and a great choice. Again greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our table.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 March 2010

Stayed here for a weekend in May 2009, bit tired looking and in need of a refurb.
Walls are paper thin and I was subjected to the couple in the room next doors "noisy antics" all night. Beds were also very uncomfortable.
Good location and nice food although I wouldn't go back because of the noise and beds!

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes. Unfortunately I could not recommend this hotel as I had such a poor nights sleep. I found my room to be very noisy, and was disturbed several times in the night due to the noise. It seemed to be some kind of high pitched plumbing type noise that was intermittent throughout the entire night, I can only assume that it was due to other guests flushing toilets, running taps etc. I awoke in the morning feeling really tired having a full day of work ahead of me and a long journey back to London. Would certainly avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Stayed for one night with friends. Would not go back.. Although the reception area was clean we had to get to our rooms down a corridor past the kitchen /restaurant /bar where an unpleasant smell lingered. The general decor is tired 70's/80's feel. The room was a good size and clean but depressingly dark decor with strange green bed covers and a mattress that felt as hard as a board.Even though we were at the back of the hotel the arrival of staff parking and chatting under our windows woke us up very early in the morning.We had already booked a meal at 'Floods' restaurant (which I would highly recommend)but having experienced the breakfast I am glad we hadn't tried an evening meal there. Although there was plenty of choice it all had been cooked and kept warm for far too long and the quality of the cooked breakfast was poor.(fried bread unedible and plastic tasting sausages)The area behind the food counter looked very unclean and several flies were buzzing around. Although the waitresses seemed friendly we had to ask about the breakfast service and did not realize there was a toast machine to use!.We did not get any coffee refills until we asked(why do you not get a pot of coffee as with the tea?)We had to pay upfront which I have not experienced before Parking was fine and the hotel is situated convient to walking into town.Thank god my friends booked through another site as it otherwise would have cost £112 a room.As it is £75 is still way overpriced and a rip off!. It definitely should have it's star rating reviewed . I like Weymouth and will visit again but will be staying at a traditional B+B

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beldab
Reviewed 24 August 2009

A big thankyou to Gary who could not do enough for us. Also to every member of staff for their frendliness. I would say this hotel has the frendliest staff of any hotel I have stayed in this country or abroad.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We booked a long weekend down to the coast, and despite the good ole British summer (!), had a lovely time. The hotel was comfortable and had good facilities and a friendly atmosphere. It was in a good location, handy for the town and beach, but also for drives out along the beautiful Dorset coast. Best for me though, was the on-site beauty therapist! I had one of the best facials I've experienced and was so impressed, I was able to go back for a massage, which, I have to say, exceeded my already high expectations. Thank you Cheryl! I would definitely recommend this hotel, just make sure you book your beauty treatments early!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2009

This was my second visit to this hotel. Last time was not very good but this time was better. Ten of us stayed here as part of a fishing trip I think we all felt the same the hotel amenities and the staff were very good as was the food. But the beds well it was like sleeping on an ironing board none of us could get a good nights sleep. It was the same the last time i was here and nothing has changed.
IF THE OWNER OF THE HOTEL IS READING THIS PLEASE CHANGE THE MATTRESSES.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends