1,144 results
All reviews steam room leisure club leisure facilities swimming pool superior room good size buffet style sea front single bed family room bit dated town centre biscuits weekend break great facilities short stay couple of nights
Reviewed August 29, 2018

This was a last minute so I didnt know I could request specific requirements such as ground floor room. I had my mother with me who can manage stairs but as becomes breathless sometimes I just mentioned it o he receptionist there is only 1 flight of stairs but no lift. She did her best too find a ground floor room but find they were already taken. But please don't let this put clients off with mobility problems off there is excellent parking disabled access and everything on ground floor if you do get a ground floor room. The porter took our cases to the room though we did not really need him . The room was spacious and very clean with a nice welcome note from our maid. The pool area was clean and warn the gym is small not a great deal of free weights and multi gyms but adequate for a few days stay. Breakfast was good choice for healthy range and non healthy and food available to cook on request. Cosy bar with tables and sofas to relax. Thank you for our lovely stay

Reviewed August 28, 2018

A lovely friendly Hotel with a gentle walk to the beach. Super friendly staff and a Sunday Carvery that takes some beating. Clean rooms and lovely fresh bedsheets. The Hotel also has a leisure centre with Pool, Sauna etc.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018

I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel Rembrandt in Weymouth. Everything is included in the stay including the use of the leisure facilities which are beautiful. The food and service are top quality. The rooms are clean and tidy with regular chambermaid service. The location is about 10/15 mins walk from seafront but there is a very regular bus service just outside every 15/20 mins to take you to the seafront. Excellent disabled facilities for guests like myself.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Have stayed at the Rembrandt several time over the years and have noticed especially since they have been taken over by Best Western and this stay that the standards are going down. The bedroom was the worse we’ve had - lamp bulbs very dusty, ceiling lights shades dirty, lots of cob webs hanging from the ceiling, the bed base stained ((hate to imagine what this was but a gentleman came up to clean it off but it could still be seen). The condition of the room was not something that happened in a few days, this was caused over several weeks!
The food in the restaurant was generally good, but when I asked if there were any pork sausages the chef just said “There should be some in there” pointing at a container full of pork and leek sausages, in a manner which I felt was quite rude. Also the staff in the restaurant were not very forthcoming, just asked if we wanted tea or coffee at breakfast and that was it. I had to ask three times for extra tea one morning. All this gave us the impression the there is a moral problem, but if so don’t show it to the guests. It’s up to the management to sort this out. The new toaster in the restaurant is a joke. Who’s brilliant idea was this!!! Put a slice of bread through once and it comes out as warm bread, put it in again and it comes out like charcoal. Could be reset but in my experience these toasters cause problems all the time with guests queuing- not good in the mornings - unhappy guests with cold breakfast not a good start for the day. Go back to being served toast - happy guests, happy day.
A couple of days we had to ask if there was anyone serving at the bar only to find then sitting it an office a the back but otherwise the bar staff were friendly enough. One night at 11pm were told that the bar was closing, by the room info the bar should have stayed open longer. It was just as well we did not want any more to drink. There was a number of people in the bar at the time. Later on checking out we we told the we could ask the porter to serve us, bit late then.
I will have to consider wether to stay again as very disappointed after previous visits. I know we don’t live far away but it did make a nice getaway.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank N6481CKbillh
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Not visited a Best Western for a while and never been in this one. I always think of seaside hotels as looking a bit decayed and just not that great. Think again. This could be a big city centre hotel. Seen a lot of negative reviews from food to decor etc. so this is what I found.
Big car park, never had a problem getting a space. Lovely bright welcoming reception and friendly staff. I had a twin room ( only standard) but it was quite large and consisted of a double and a single bed. It was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was good with a bath and a shower. The door is operated by a key (how novel). Seen a few complaints about this. I say Thank God, the key code cards so often don’t work, and it’s a trek back to reception! There is a pool which is quite big but part of it is very shallow, for children. The main swimming area isn’t that big, and when I went in, early morning, it was busy but most people were standing chatting which wasnt great, so I didn’t go in again. There is also a gym, again small but well equipped and good, and less busy. Breakfast has to get five stars. Firstly it is one of the first hotels I have ever visited where Sunday breakfast wasn’t a disaster. Every day we were shown straight to a table. Food was plentiful and being replenished speedily. Heads up to the chef for being able to make scrambled egg that doesn’t have a rubber consistency. That is difficult to achieve when it is being kept on a hot plate. It was lovely. It was obvious that quality produce is being used, from tea and coffee to the cooked items. The hotel is being refurbished, as there were daily notices up but There seemed little disruption. The hotel communal toilets are spotless, I was really impressed.

Negatives, not many!! The shower has a curtain. I’m not a fan, unless you stick it to the wall the floor always gets wet. Screens would be one thing I would consider.
At some point the hotel room doors might need replacing. They are a little tatty but it would be low down on my priority list. A lick of paint would spruce them up.
The towel policy - I did try. It stated to hang your towels up if you would use them again. I hung them up every day....and every day I got fresh towels ☹️

1  Thank Christine M