All reviews premier room shearings coach holiday coach driver self drive fourth floor paid extra for a sea view night porter restaurant staff a sea view room turkey and tinsel visited this hotel weekend break lovely holiday games room breakfast and dinner flat screen tv evening entertainment
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Paid £298 for two nights. Room very very small no bath and could hardly get in the bathroom it was tiny. Food dreadful. Area Manager needs to get in there and sort out. Hotel very tatty and dated. Deco in main hotel from the 80’s. Dirty and would ask people to check before staying.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa J
RoyalManager, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that the Royal Hotel did not meet your expectations. We have got an ongoing refurbishment programme here at the Royal Hotel and we are very proud of the refurbishment that was completed at the start of 2018 in our Bar and Reception areas and some bedrooms including the sea view room that you were allocated.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

The hotel is ideally situated on the sea front of the bay.My wife and I had room 401 .it was of an adequate size but some of the cleanliness left a lot to be desired.There was a lot of dust on shelves,and on the television table. There were dirty hand prints on the wall near the door entrance.The shower cubicle was relatively new and clean,but the shower head was very dirty.The hot water in the hand basin and shower took a very,long time to warm up..The water pressure was very poor,as the shower became a trickle.The bedding was clean,but the bed was uncomfortable ,it creaked every time I moved.
The lounge and bar was very comfortable..A word of advice ask the price of the drinks.I asked for a bottle of brown ale,thinking it was Newcastle brown ale.I was handed a half pint bottle of American brown ale,the cost being £4-20p. This works out at £8-40p a pint.I found the same bottle of beer in the local supermarket £1-30p.
The food was excellent,and so were the staff.There was a good selection of meals and the buffet breakfast was also excellent.I will certainly stay at this hotel again,but,I will not be wanting to stay in room 401 ,and I will certainly not be buying drinks in the bar.
Overall we did. enjoyed our stay

Room tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel.The rooms at the front may have a lovely view over the bay you can hear a lot of vehicle noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom S
RoyalManager, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear Tom S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel and for your valuable feedback. I am happy to read that you found the location ideal and food excellent. All our team members pride themselves on the service they provide so it will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to them. I am concerned to hear about some aspects of the cleanliness and assure you this is not to our usual high standards here. Our bar prices are reflective of bars in the area and our other Bay hotels, of course supermarkets will always be cheaper. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough about how fantastic the staff were in accommodating our stay. Nothing was too much trouble and would thoroughly recommend. Our room was beautiful, bright, modern and clean, with double balconies and sea views. Wonderful stay - best hotel sea views in Weymouth!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 982jacquelineh
RoyalManager, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Dear 982jacqualineh. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your valuable feedback. I'm thrilled to hear that you found the staff fantastic and had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Hotel is in a good location, but parking is a problem. Although you can get a card to display on payment of a deposit, you are not guaranteed a space. Room was ok but traffic noise bad if you are in a front room. Why do we have plastic glasses in the rooms for water (not glass) ? When we arrived on Friday, the receptionist told us breakfast was until 9.30 . On Monday morning we found out it was only until 9.00 am on Monday to Friday. Some staff pleasant. Male member of staff quite abrupt . Oddest thing was in the evening, the food was not as described as on the menu . For example I ordered an Eton Mess which was full of blackcurrants!!! Not Eton Mess and especially as it said strawberry and raspberry on the menu itself. Also, a fish crumble did not have any crumble . Portions quite modest Not a bad hotel , but I am surprised it is rated four star.

Room tip: Probably best to get a room at the back if you want to be sure you get a good sleep.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank susanbholloway

Dear susanbholloway.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us and for your valuable feedback. We are extremely fortunate with our location so I am pleased to hear that you found this good. I do apologise that you were not informed of the change in times to breakfast on Monday morning and hope this didn't inconvenience you to much. I am looking into your claims regarding the food and assure you this is not to our usual standards. We have a limited number of parking permits available for a refundable deposit which allows guests to use on street parking. However Guests are free to use the council owned car parks around the town if they so wish. I look forward to welcoming you back should you return.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

This is a lovely hotel, position on Weymouth seafront could not be better. However....the food is terrible. The breakfast is adequate but there is room for improvement. The evening meals are hard to describe .My elderly parents stayed here in July ,we were planning to join them for at least one evening meal but when we viewed the standard of what was served ,that was out of the question.
I noticed a previous guest wrote about "red cabbage and soggy green beans " and how they had complained about it last year only to find it was presented again this year(my mother took photographs).
On visiting the bar one evening, as a family group , I was drawn into conversation by a second elderly couple confounded by the poor quality of the evening meals.
Its a real shame , I cannot reiterate enough how disappointing this was for my parents as everything else about the hotel was excellent (lovely staff, fantastic room and great service etc )
Please do something about this problem , I do not enjoy writing negative reviews when I know people work hard ,but really, something needs to be done about the food.

Room tip: Seaviews are lovely
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Edel O

Dear Edel O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us and for your valuable feedback. It is lovely to read that you found the hotel excellent and staff lovely. I am however extremely concerned to read about your experience with the food. I can assure you this is not to our high standards and I am looking into this. Should you have reported your dissatisfaction whilst you were here we would have rectified it for you immediately. I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully we can exceed your expectations this time.