“Great find”
Review of Billy Winters

Billy Winters
Ranked #39 of 308 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped here for lunch and were really delighted. The food was good, perfect price point and service excellent. We will be going again. Great location and view.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Came across this place cycling/snorkelling around Dorset, the road sign suggested it would be interesting and it was! Cool layout, recycled, home built, great views, casual, super efficient staff, tantalising menu, good beers - we can vouch for a fantastic seafood pizza. I'd probably live at a place like this for a week with no complaints...well, apart from slightly dodgy piped music. Get some cooler sounds and it's nirvana on a beach!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We went for supper with another family. The food was just a bit over-complicated and over-engineered for what essentially is a cafe rather than a restaurant. The pricing seemed okay until you realise that portion sizes are really small and none of the burger options comes with chips - you have to order them separately.

It had a slightly surfer-y vibe but was a bit grubby.

We DID approve of the sustainability ethos - wooden plates and cutlery.

Three of us had gone for a pint the previous evening. The music, which was being piped outside as well, was at complete odds with the tranquillity of the view across the harbour.

We'd go back for drinks but not to eat.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

A lovely little restaurant right on the beach with spectacular views over Weymouth Bay. The venue has a certain beach/surfer charm. I think the place is overpriced for what you get food wise and the food is more your average fair. I had pancakes which were rubbery and we're overpriced at about £8 (it also had maple syrup + half banana cut into it, small serving). My friends had basically what was a bacon and egg sandwich served on a wooden plate for about £8. Takeaway food at restaurant prices. Perhaps one is paying extra for the view?

Reviewed September 2, 2018

My son was competing at WPNSA, so this was a nice place to walk up to , have a drink or lunch , and sit outside watching windsurfers/kite surfers/paddleboarders etc. Remember , if there's a space, get your parking ticket from the bar. We paid for the parking before we realised. Good selection of drinks and some snacks. We ate here twice for lunch. I do think it's a bit pricey. Sweet potato fries were lovely. Daughter had a huge pizza and I had ciabatta. Next visit, the crab was gorgeous. My only criticism was that I did ask if they would kindly accomodate my fussy daughter who just wanted the plain chicken in lettuce taco, but with fries not rice. They agreed, but served it literally covered in chilli sauce. I did say to the staff she couldnt eat it now and the waitress said " oh dear" nothing she could do now, and that was it. Dogs are very welcome and there are water bowls for them. It gets very busy, but people come and go quite quickly through the day.