“Tastiest cheese scones around”

Pomfret's of Wetherby
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Wetherby
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I Have visited this lovely cafe many times recently its possibly the best cafe in Wetherby.The Cheese scones are Delicous although not huge and they are priced at £2.95 each so a bit expensive but its nice to indulge! Friendly staff here and nice cosy feel.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been here a few times now. I have had both breakfast and lunch, all of which have been really nice and worth the money. The staff are friendly and the manager is also really nice and approachable. I highly recommend the beef and red wine gravy sandwich. The only negative is that there is a minimum spend of ten pounds for card payments, however there are cash machines nearby.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my favourite coffee stop in Wetherby. In fact it's one of my top 3 places for coffee anywhere! The staff are a lovely team - who feel more like family than employees.

I think I may have tried everything on the menu, but my favourite item has to be the Full English Breakfast. A huge plateful of locally sourced items that sets you up for the whole day. Great Coffee (Taylors of Harrogate) complements Pomfret's range of cakes, buns and their brilliant scones.

One of the nicest features of the place is how well the team know their customers -and there are a lot of regulars! This means that the place is very popular and sometimes you may have to queue - but it is always worth the wait!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a lovely welcoming place. We try to call in here when we're in Wetherby, and although it's only a couple of times a month we're always given the warmest of welcomes and made to feel like friends. The Italian coffee is gorgeous and served just as you like it. The food is a real treat: I love the scones, baked fresh every morning and wonderfully light in texture, but sometimes I indulge in a bowl of chefs special soup of the day or something from the breakfast menu such as Eggs Benedict - delicious! This cafe is well worth a visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely friendly place to visit. Always a warm welcome. Excellent coffee and home made cakes especially the scones. Not brought in like nearby cafés. Menu ideas are exciting and tasty. With fresh soup and main courses cooked to order. Very friendly owner and staff we have come to know on a first name basis. Always look forward to our visits.