See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Thank goodness I only needed to stay for one night in this hell-hole! No plug in the sink, cracked and dirty bathroom. Tired and broken furnishings with little evidence of skilled repairs! I am astounded that this place is still open and offering rooms!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Great family room and we were really nervous because of the reviews.
The staff were lovely and friendly.
The room was clean and very good.
Parking was not a problem.
Fantastic location for a family party.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Rooms were dirty and looked as though they had been left without attention for some time. There was dust and mold around the windows.
The bathroom once looked great but now is run down and looking tired.
The room had bed bugs and unclean sheets and there was also a few wasps in the room. The window was closed so not sure why they would be in the room. One of the wasps actually stung me whilst asleep which woke me up.
Staff are unhelpful and uninterested and I think this is a poorly run hotel.
I would never stay here again, one of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a trip to Alton towers as it was a lot closer than going same day from home. glad I read bad reviews before going as the pictures do make it look a lot better, the room is worn and not very modern but for the price you can’t complain too much. The bedding and bathroom was clean enough just would not get hopes up about it being as nice as site pics!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I enjoyed a three-course evening meal here with a friend. The service was excellent and the food lovely. It brought back many memories, as one of my aunts used to work here in the 1970s when she was finding material for a novel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends