My wife had booked this hotel as a surprise for me for our anniversary so i had no idea what to expect and boy was i surprised. Upon arrival we parked our car in the hotels private car park located at the back of the hotel, my wife checked in and we were shown to our room. The room itself was lovely with a separate lounge and a large wall mounted TV and DVD player.
The bedroom was located behind a beautiful glass mirror and had another large TV and DVD player. The suite was stunning and beautifully decorated throughout. The bed itself was by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. My wife was happy that they had a dressing table in the bedroom which had its own stool and mirror. The best room was the bathroom, this had a double Mr and Mrs shower and a double spa bath which had another wall mounted TV. We used the spa bath twice a day as it was so relaxing. It had colour changing LED lights and spa bubbles with a cute rubber ducky :) An iPod system was connected throughout the room and into the bathroom so that we could play some relaxing music whilst in the spa bath.
Everything was provided from bathrobes, slippers, toiletries and even an umbrella. The receptionist, Alice was so lovely she even offered to buy lactose free milk for my wife and provided us with brochures and information on places to visit.
We were offered breakfast sent to the suite every morning. We ordered the Vegetarian English Breakfast every day because it was simply delicious. The beans came in a cute little glass container which kept it warm and the tomatoes on the vine were lovely. Everything was freshly made even the pastries which we ordered everyday, by far the best pastries we have ever had. The little jam pots were so cute and they provided three different types of jam everyday.
The room service was excellent. Although my wife said we didn't require any services, whilst we were out, the cleaners came in and cleaned the bed and provided towels on a daily basis. All the staff we spoke to were polite and friendly and even brought the DVD we requested to our room one night. The information booklet in our room had hundreds of unlimited DVDs to choose from free of charge. Alice who we met on our first night came to assist us with the iPod docking system as we had some issues trying to play music on it.
I would recommend this hotel to any couple who wants time to relax. The escape suite is perfect for honeymooners, or anyone wanting to enjoy a special occasion. Certainly a lovely treat ;)
Book now you will not be disappointed. I will be back next time to try the next suit up the sanctuary :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique accommodation, Rooms Suites and Boutique Houses. All perfectly located in the Heart of the English Lake District.Each Individually designed with features including: private hot tubs, super sized air spa baths, free Wifi, free car parking, and access to leisure and spa facilities. Adult only accommodation. International multi award winning accommodation, completely unique to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Booking.com so you can book your Cranleigh Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranleigh Guesthouse Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Cranleigh Boutique Bowness-On-Windermere, England, UK