Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$345
US$335
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$312
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$299
US$235
TripAdvisor
Fair Rigg Guest House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Virginia Cottage Guest House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
1,824 results
All reviewsluxury roommood lightingspa bathsanctuary suiteescape suitelip balmhideout houserose petalstortechampagne on iceteddy bearmy partneripod dockunderfloor heatingon arrivaleggs benedictchurch suites
Reviewed September 26, 2017

We arrived to The Cranleigh a little early than the check in time of 3pm. The lady on reception apologised that the room was not yet ready but we could leave our car parked at the hotel and she would call us as soon as the room was available.
The reception and lounge area was very inviting with checked carpet and leather sofas and smelled amazing.
We left to have a wander around Bowness and received a call about 40 minutes later to say the room was ready.
Once we were checked in we were taken up to the room, we stayed in room 1 costing £110 for the night, including breakfast.
We were given 2 keys, one card key for the front door which was to be locked at 11pm and another key to our room and our private bathroom which was a few steps down the corridor.
The room itself was fairly small but we had enough room to move around easily, there was a double bed, a tub chair, wardrobe, chest of drawers and a small side table housing the DVD player and kettle etc.
The bed was very comfy with soft pillows and a feather duvet. There was a small box with 4 chocolate truffles, a small spray of pillow mist and some lip balm waiting on the bed along with some information about our booking etc.

There was a DVD palyer and we were assured that a huge DVD library was available to us, there was also an ipod dock in the room which had the radio on when we arrived, the ipod dock may need to be updated as it was an old style fitting and my phone would not fit on it.

Inside the wardrobe was an iron, ironing board and a tower fan, which proved useful as we were unable to open either of the windows in the room.
A few steps down the corridor was our bathroom, it was immaculate, spacious and clean. A large shower with blue lighting, robes and slippers were provided along with Gilchrist and Soames toiletries. Plenty of fresh, clean white towels. A shower cap was included and this is a good thing as the shower head is huge and is a rainfall head so you need to be careful if you don’t want to get your hair wet.
A couple of things I noticed were a large cobweb hanging from the ceiling in our room and the salt and pepper pots at breakfast needed a good clean but other than that the hotel was very clean.

It was very quiet and we both got a great nights sleep, not sure if that was the pillow mist or the beverages we’d had with dinner...

Breakfast was between 8.30 and 10.30 on the Sunday, once sat down for breakfast we ordered tea and coffee and toast and there was a good selection of breakfasts, cereals, pastries, juice and some cold meats, I had the Cranleigh Breakfast, I was able to remove items I didn’t want and was pleased to see the beans came in a separate tub. My husband had the salmon and scrambled eggs. There were Tipp Tree condiments on offer and extra toast was offered.
We found the dining room to be quite a loud place, I think this was due to the fact that there were slate placemats and the waitresses where fairly quick to put down your plates so it made quite a racket and they were not very quiet when clearing the table behind us, lots of crashing and banging, we had to stop talking until she had finished. They did forget to bring our tea and coffee but once I reminded them it did arrive quite quickly.

Check out was very easy and the lady on reception was lovely and said we could leave the car again if we wanted to pop back into town for a while.
This hotel prides it's self on being “all about romance” but my tip would be that if you are booked into room 1 you will need to take your pyjamas for those slightly less romantic moments like when you need the loo in the middle of the night and have to do the dash down the corridor! All in all we had a lovely stay at the Cranleigh and I would absolutely stay there again

Room Tip: Room 1 has a seperate Bathroom
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Stayed for one night and oh how I wish it was for longer. The house is simply stunning. Each room has its own ipad control, very easy to use to change lighting, sound, TV channels even for someone technically challenged like myself.

The bedrooms were luxuriously done, very comfortable - all ensuite and I have never seen a bath so huge in any hotel I've stayed in.

The highlight of the property for me was the cinema room. Its amazing. A large selection of movies on offer (took us ages to decide on one!), reclining chairs, fantastic surround sound and picture quality - just so enjoyable with popcorn and prosecco.

Great kitchen and hot tub - there's just no need to go out.

All in all a very enjoyable day/evening.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

I have stayed in the Lake District many times and am a lover of the hotel-life, but I have had my head completely turned by Bon Vivant! What an amazing property. We stayed there last week (sadly for only one night) and with 3 bedrooms all with their own fabulous bathrooms, it was perfect for us (as we were 3 couples).

On arriving at the house, we were met by Steve who gave us a very comprehensive tour of the property to ensure we knew how to work the state of the art technology (ipads in every room which control the TVs, heat, blinds and even changeable mood lighting) and after spying the cinema room and hot tub, we quickly decided that we were having a night in! Both didn’t disappoint and are an absolute must to try if you are going to stay here. We were definitely living a life of luxury for the night!

The whole property has been finished to extremely high standard, thick carpets, underfloor heating, gorgeous wallpaper and fabrics and an amazing kitchen, we were told that the house has been recently refurbished so everything is brand spanking new, totally luxurious and state of the art.

Bon Vivant is a true 5 star experience and I am already planning to book it again next year for my 50th birthday. Can’t wait!

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

This house is just stunning!

Cinema room is the stand out feature being just awesome. A great way to spend an evening with friends sipping good wine and watching a movie on a big screen with an unbelievable sound - I want one at home now!!!

However, the rest of the house just blew us away as well, great outdoor hot tub, rooms really well done and everything iPad operated which was easy to get the hang of.

Overall a 5star stay less than a mile from Bowness!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Me and partner stayed for 2 nights from the 19th-21st for my birthday. We both loved staying her and would recommend to any couple who wants to get away for a couple of days. 5* all the way for us. The little extras were because we booked the birthday package but still worth it. The facilities were amazing. Everything you could want for a trip away.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple