“All round excellent!”
Review of White Lodge Hotel

White Lodge Hotel
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in July 2011. The location is fantastic, the rooms maybe slightly small, but they were extremely clean. It was a quite and peaceful guesthouse, so it was easy to relax! The ladies in the guest house couldn't of been nicer, both were extremely warm and friendly. We'll definately recommend the White lodge to friends and we'll be staying again! :-)

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 14 July 2011

The hotel was really clean but the rooms and bathrooms were very small.
In our opinion it was a guesthouse and not a 4 star hotel.
A plus was the free parking.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
19  Thank graeme54-11
HerO4, Owner at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as a large proportion of our business is repeat custom. We have never said that we were a 4 * star hotel. We are registered with the Cumbria Tourist Board & advertise ourselves as a 4 * guest house. There is a sign at White Lodge's front door showing our 4* guest house accreditation. Surely you would have noticed that there is a huge price difference between a 4* star hotel & a 4* guest house. I believe also that you were given a special rate.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

From the moment we walked through the door we were welcomed with a smiling face and a friendly tone. We were taken to our double room which was roomy, clean and had a fresh smell of linen. There was plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, free tv channels and the en suite was more then adequate for what we needed. Even though the hotel is situated on the main road and our window faced this it was still quiet and you could not hear loads of traffic etc. The bed was that comfortable that both myself and my partner would only need to lay on it for 10 minutes before we were zonked and each night was a great nights sleep. Every morning we would be greeted with a courteous Good Morning and a smile before we were immediately offered coffee and a tasty cooked breakfast. The English Breakfast, cereal, yoghurt and fruit options were more then enough to see us through until dinner. Everyday I was able to conduct my business at a table within their bistro area and able to use the free wifi they have available, I was even regularly offered coffee and biscuits. All staff were extremely friendly and more then accomodating to any specific needs we had. We spent 2 weeks there and enjoyed the hotel immensely. We would definately return on our next visit and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
HerO4, Owner at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at White Lodge Hotel. It is greatly appreciated
as my sister & I really enjoy running White Lodge & it is very satisfying that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

A charming, cosy B&B with loads of old-fashioned comfort. Nothing is too much trouble for the two charming ladies who manage White Lodge. An extra advantage is the proximity to Windermere.

Room Tip: Stairs to the second floor are a little bit steep; fine for the nimble-footed. Lovely rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Having stayed there before and thoroughly enjoyed it, when I was asked if I had any preferences of hotel during a business trip earlier this year I had no hesitation and was not disappointed!!
There is a wonderful welcoming friendly family atmosphere the minute you walk in the door of this clean homely hotel. My room on this visit was one of the smaller single rooms, but more than adequate for what I needed, with en-suite shower room looking out on to the main street. As the White Lodge is situated on the outer edge of the town, there was no late night noise from holiday makers leaving the local pubs and restaurants, but it is close enough to the town to walk in and enjoy the social atmosphere. The bed was very comfortable and I had a fantastic nights sleep.
The next morning I received a bright cheery greeting from the proprietors and shown to my table in the restaurant for cereal followed by a full English breakfast, tea and toast, before setting off for a full days training.
If you're looking for a clean, fresh hotel with family welcome and good home cooking this is the one for you, I can't recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: Rooms on street side are no noiser than others
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Good:
- Nice room size and decor
- Helpful and friendly staff

Average "full English" breakfast

Bad:
- tiny bathroom

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nanouchman
HerO4, Owner at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Thank you for your review & saying we were a nice B&B. Our breakfast is usually highly commended as we offer such a good variety which includes fruit juices, fresh fruit, yoghurts,loads of wholemeal & white breads, bacon, sausage fresh tomatoes & mushrooms,baked beans
& of course eggs either fried, poached, or scrambled. All our food is largely sourced locally.
Most guests say they can't eat another thing before Dinner !

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I travelled to Windermere, initially to attend some courses and then take a break and chill out. I had not pre-booked anywhere and found the White Lodge Hotel details at the local Tourist Information centre.

The hotel itself is a charming building which, upon entering, immediately filled me a with a sense of welcome and warmth. It is well placed for local amenities with plenty of parking space. From the hotel you can easily walk to either Windermere or Bowness and access a huge choice of many different styles of restuarants and pubs and the usual range of shops.

If walking is your thing, there is easy access to local basic walks, ferries across the lake and public transport to some of the more challenging hill walks. If you just want to chill and have a break then you probably will not find a more pleasant place to do it. The local people are very friendly and fun if you take the time to meet them and there are several famous attractions in the region..

I have visited the Windermere area several times in the past and have always had a pleasant stay and met nice people, but the White Lodge Hotel has made this visit particulalrly memorable. Being family owned and beautifully run, with lovely staff who really do make you feel at home, it is a pleasure to stay here. The staff are very friendly, pleasant and accomodating and willing to help in every way possible.

I have extended my stay several times now (in fact am thinking about becoming a permanent resident) and have experienced several different rooms and all are comfortable and warmly decorated.

Many of the guests I met at the hotel return regularly and do so because of the pleasant and charmimg atmosphere that exists here.

Pre book or you may well be dissappointed.

Andy

Room Tip: Ring, talk to the staff and book early!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo