Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$207
Hotels.com
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$354
US$150
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$232
White Lodge Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
1,542 results
All reviewslake viewbeautiful hotelmain restaurantafternoon teadrawing roomswimming poolbuffet stylelake districtcourse mealcoffee machinecream teasconeshigh standardreception areafantastic viewscar parkmy partner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed here a number of times and it is not what it used to be. It is an expensive hotel and unfortunately the little things let it down.

The good points are:

Lots of hot water
Showers with power and force
Wonderful views from the lake facing bedrooms
Comfortable beds
Rabbits on the lawn during breakfast, in true Beatrix Potter fashion

Points for improvement
Breakfast can be hit and if you dont order the same toast or tea as the rest of the party or of you order off the 'extra charge' menu
Cleaning is hit and miss in the bedrooms. being tall I can see dust on top of shower heads, mirrors and tables.
Have to ask for more than 4 coat hangers in a room and also have to ask on one occassion for toilet paper.
Towels with holes.
Dont go when there is a wedding on. You feel a second class citizen as rooms are closed, the carpark is full,parts of the terrace are reserved for wedding guests only and there is nowhere to sit in comfort.
Leisure facilities ie a gym or a spa dont exist
The pool is closed and looks down at heel
The lift has a manually operated door so you are reliant on others to close the door or you have to walk up or down flights of stairs

Overall it is tired, both the physical hotel and the staff. They dont seem enthusiastic or engaged when you raise issues. Money needs to be spentraising its game.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank JandC27
Bartosz_Kowalski, Deputy General Manager at Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear JandC27

Thank you for your review and the feedback.
I am happy that you have enjoyed the views and some aspect of your stay and I can assure you that I will personally address all your constructive points.
Guest feedback is very important to us and I am sure that you will see the improvement on your next stay.

Best regards

Deputy GM

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a good hotel, but as one of the more expensive it should be better. There was a wedding reception on the day we arrived meaning there was absolutely no parking avaliable. We ended up parking on the street a short walk away.

The decor is lovely and to a high standard throughout. All the staff we encountered were helpful and attentive. Breakfast was also really good and thankfully we avoided the 9.30 rush.

The bedroom was a bit warm, but the shower was really good.

To sum up, this is a good hotel, but for the price aught to be better.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Bartosz_Kowalski, Deputy General Manager at Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Jeremy H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Laura Ashley, The Belsfield Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay despite some small inconveniences such a s parking and warm room.

I have shared your kind words with all the team and I hope I can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Received full menu in the Brasserie, waited with our drinks to order only to be told then that the Chef had decided they could only do Sandwiches due to a Wedding!
Perhaps some forward planning on Easter Sunday would have been appropriate or at the very least to have explained before seating us & taking our drinks order. Disappointing to say the least

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Rosemary D

Dear Rosemary D

Thank you for taking the time and leaving review following your recent visit to our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for lack of communication on the day and be assured that I will look into this personally to find better solution to this in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very over priced for the standard you receive. Breakfast was very disappointing we didn’t expect a buffet, also staff were not on the ball.
When we questioned the bill on check out which was incorrect by £54 the manner in which we were spoken to was rude & unacceptable when they were in the wrong. Would not return, expected a much higher standard for the amount they charge.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank elvis2727

Dear elvis2727

I am very disappointed to read that some aspect of your stay were not up to our usual high standards. Please accept my apologies. Can I please ask you to contact me directly? I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this in person and rectify accordingly.

dgm.belsfield@lauraashleyhotels.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Second time my wife and I have stayed here,however this time the room was quite small with no bath.
The room was clean and tidy and the Breakfast was excellent
We did find the bar staff rather cold and not eager to chat about the area or hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David B

Dear David B

Thank you for your review. The team and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, the room and breakfast.
At the same time I am very sorry that you found your room small; out of 62 bedrooms some rooms are smaller and with walk-in shower only. Please be assured that I will spend extra time in training our front of house staff in order to engage them positively. I am certain that your next visit will be one to remember!

I hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,