“Gorgeous food and fantastic potential.”
Review of The Ryebeck

The Ryebeck
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my two night stay at this hotel. We had a deal booked so wasn’t too expensive and the hotel itself was quiet. We had breakfast both days and lunch on the second. The buffet and hot food on the breakfast service was really tasty, and giving options alternative to a full breakfast. However the coffee seriously let it down. I don’t understand how people can still justify serving bad coffee!! Neither me nor my partner bothered to drink it, we’d rather go for a coffee at a lovely Italian called Riva. Previous comments about staff are slightly unfair, as foreign staff run out hotel industry. Every single member of staff we encountered was very helpful and approachable. They did seem a little awkward and maybe need a little training to help them settle with the area/hotel they are in. We had lunch on the second day - & I will never forget my birthday meal! My partner had the pork belly and I had honey roast vegetables. I am not a vegetarian but certainly didn’t fall short with this meal it was so flavoursome and the crispy goats cheese was amazing. We enjoyed this with a lake view table which we didn’t ask for - the lovely French gentleman(I didn’t get his name) noticed we enjoyed the view, and put us their specially. I then had a whisky panacotta with blackberry sorbet, and my partner had a creme brûlée. Both were gorgeous but the creme brûlée was the best I’ve ever had - and I’m a pastry chef!!!
The only downfall for me is that small details make a large part of a stay. We had no fridge in our room, the lake view was slightly overshadowed by a tree, the bathroom was slightly dirty - the bath mat was left dirty from our first night they hadn’t cleaned it just rolled it up! The hotel was clean and cosy and both lounges were beautiful and very comfy. I loved my stay and I would stay at the ryebeck again, but wouldn’t be willing to pay full price until the hotel wows me as much as the food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Room had a cot and bath as requested as we were staying with a 3 month old baby. Location was a good base to explore and have some very good walks. Breakfast was delicious and they had a great range. We didn't stay for evening meal as the prices were quite expensive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I always look forward to my visits here. Check-in was friendly and efficient. Our room clean and tidy. We met family for a cream tea in the lounge and it was delicious. As was dinner. The menu is not huge but there are always good choices. My ox cheeks were total quality, full of flavour. As was the cheese board.

Breakfast is a particular highlight of the stay. Again it's a quality affair with a wide variety if healthy choices. I travel a lot in my job and I've yet to find a more scrummy breakfast anywhere (including so called top London hotels).

I must again mention Duncan and his team's superb attention to friendly, warm service. That's what make this place so special. It's the all round focus on making sure their guests have the best time possible.

Yes it's expensive, but unlike all the other hotels at this price, it's worth every single penny.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank machinmad
Reviewed 30 October 2017

What a wonderful place to stay. We stayed for 2 nights in a cosy double room with an amazing view of the lake, it was just perfect for us. We had excellent breakfast each morning with lots of choice and had a lovely lunch on the day we arrived. Everyone of the staff were so efficient , polite and very friendly and we can't wait to return. Well done to you all.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 9 and it was brilliant.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Our first visit here but certainly not our last! Visited today for lunch and it was superb! Very relaxing beautiful surroundings with amazing food to match!
Not a single complaint and as previously commented on- the staff were wonderful! A real credit

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a night away with the girls. The ground floor bedroom was suitable for the dogs with a door leading to a small area outside with access to car park. The dinner was very pleasant with the added bonus of a lovely view with a hint of Lake Windermere. Breakfast was mediocre. Staff were pleasant!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Beautiful hotel, located a short walk into Bowness, set in lovely grounds with beautiful lake views.
The hotel is decorated tastefully, the rooms are lovely with high quality toiletries and towels.The dinner and breakfast is exceptional, such high quality and with excellent service.
All members of staff are warm and helpful.
An absolute gem of a hotel, we love it here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
3.4 km away
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
1.5 km away
Storrs Hall
Storrs Hall
#5 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
1.2 km away
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
1.4 km away
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
1.6 km away
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
0.2 km away
Lindeth Howe
Lindeth Howe
#7 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to The Ryebeck? Share your experiences!