We enjoyed a 2 night break at the Lindeth Howe in September and, despite the awful weather, we had an amazing time - topped off with a surprise proposal from my boyfriend.
The staff were amazing and sent up a plate of goodies and champagne to our room - the next day we came home to a congratulations card from them. It's touches like this that really set this hotel apart from the competition.
The food was AMAZING! we had the 5 course dinner and couldn't fault it. Desserts were fabulous with a touch of Heston flair! Service was great without being intrusive.
We will be back and the Lindeth will always have a special place in my heart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England, UK