We were expecting a good hotel having read the Tripadvisor reviews but instead we got an incredibly good hotel. The staff were very attentive and went the extra mile whenever possible. The bedroom was first class; clean, well equiped and very spacious. Breakfast was a delight, I had gorgeous tasting fish every morning. Dinner was an incredible experience; canapes, chef's treat, and each course tasting quite sublime. I love my food and spend my savings on food so might not be an expert but I know what I like. Therefore, it is true to say that a couple of dishes that I ate at this hotel were the best that I have ever experienced. Outstanding hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England, UK