We only stayed for one night but thoroughly enjoyed everything about the hotel.
Unlike that are full of historic character but tired, Lindeth Howe is well maintained, tastefully decorated and furnished and with a lovely relaxed feel.
The room was spacious, everything worked and the food in the restaurant was particularly good.
We will all most certainly return and this typo on restaurant description brought a smile:
“we ask that guests comply with our Smart Casual dress code which excludes trainers, jeans and shirtless collars.”
As I wasn’t planning on wearing just a collar, I felt I was on safe ground :)
Although the hotel isn’t in the town it’s only 2 minutes drive away although quite steep to walk.
We’ll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England, UK