All reviews sharing platter cajun chicken burger visited bowness central location cooked to perfection eggs benedict feel very welcome breakfast was excellent night stay full english plateful
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Came here for something to eat on Saturday night. Chose the place due to the location close to our hotel (hydro) and to be honest pub grub would have sufficed as we weren't overly hungry. Bad judgement on our part picking this place . The portions are huge and although there is a lot and it was extremely busy the food was very good. If we weren't keen to try all the other places during our stay I would have returned every night. We managed to sit down straight away even though it was full of drinkers and other diners. Quite a large place. Overall it was Excellent!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt D
Reviewed May 20, 2016

My partner and stayed here for 2 nights in April, it was a birthday treat!

The accommodation was very clean and cosy and the was bed large and very comfortable. We chose a room with a bath (room 7) which was at the back of the hotel. The view wasn't good but the room was quiet which we appreciated. I think all the other rooms only have showers.

The breakfast was very good and there was a good choice. To be honest, the food menu in the pub was very good and the portions were huge. Good pub grub.

I would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thrippers
Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Called in for a quick pint before our journey home on Sunday,lovely old pub serving some decent ales,didn't,t eat but it looked good,got talking to some friendly people from my home town of Hereford,would definitely return,some lovely places around but I think this is one of my favourites

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed April 25, 2016

If you want a drink, snack, or meal and need to take your dog, then this is the place. Great food and a wide menu choice.. 'YOU don't have to sit outside' in the cold. The staff are very dog friendly and brought dog biscuits for our dogs..Customers who prefer not to be beside pets have a vast range of other seating areas.
For us, it was perfect.
We searched the area to find somewhere for lunch whilst in Windermere with our dog. You don't need look anywhere else.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank paulinemakepeace
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

A bit of an oxymoron but the only negative I can think of is the the portions were too large even for us. Great service and very pleasant surroundings we'll be back. Good choice of drinks and very friendly staff and clientele.

Trip type: Travelled with friends