“Fabulous Tapas”

Lilicos
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tapas offering in a Lounge Bar enviroment great choice of lunchtime specials,lunch and brunch to cater for everyone. Great choice of Coffee craft beers and cocktails.
Reviewed December 24, 2017

I went here on Saturday before Xmas for a late lunch I thought it may be too busy to serve one but the the staff were just lovely, very welcoming. I was told restaurant was quieter than the bar and it was. Young lady serving was so nice, I had 3 dishes as advised Paella may be too large with other dishes. The Scallops with Chorizo was just fabulous, I could of eaten another portion. The crispy baby squid was like being back in Spain. I absolutely loved it, as a visitor to the area I will be back with friends. Some of the best tapas dishes I have eaten. Great staff

1  Thank SuePoole
Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Dear Sue
Thank you for your review it really is much appreciated,great to hear that you enjoyed your tapas at Lilicos and that the staff are welcoming (very important).Look forward too welcoming you back and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Have visited on several occasions & always pleased with food & service. On several visits wanted to eat early evening as we had a young child with us & received excellent service from the staff. Food is tapas style with plenty of choice. Décor is a little bit worn but this seems to add to the ambience. Will definitely use again when in the area.

Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Phil
Thank you for your review it is much appreciated.Glad you enjoyed your time with us and the tapas were enjoyable and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked some tickets to see a film and decided to go for a meal 1st. We looked at trip advisor for inspiration and decided to head to Lillicos for tapas.

Not eaten here is a while but happy to say the service was very good as always and although it was a Monday night there were a few groups in so the atmosphere was good as we were neither squashed in or eating in an empty bar.

Staff were faultless, food was well presented and very tasty with a choice of specials also available in addition the everyday menu.

Only points to note were the menus do look a bit “beaten” about due to a lot of use and the table that we ate at was showing signs of wear and tear however these were on observations and did not detract from the meals at all.

Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you for your review,and appreciate your feedback.I totally agree with the 'menus' looking a little 'beaten' and i will get onto this asap.Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and your meal with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Had a beer and a small couple of snack type,stater dishes,really nice but rather pricey for what it was. Nice place to sit and be left alone in peace and slightly classier establishment compared to most places in Barnstaple so the price is more for erything. Good music acts on sometimes too!

Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear Emma
Thank you for your review and appreciate your feedback,glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Fabulous food in a casual restaurant setting.

A really good selection of tapas dishes and all came out freshly cooked and served.

I love my seafood/fish and choice was great! We also ordered several meat dishes and veggie plates - all were of high quality!

Very relaxed restaurant but over average food quality at reasonable price! If we are ever Barnstaple way again we will certainly be re-visiting!

Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Hello there.

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We'll look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Many thanks again