All reviews room overlooking the park rock park car park the main hotel high standard sunday carvery town centre brend hotel sister hotel superb hotel air conditioning one night stay would stay again wedding reception brend group first class evening meal
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Have stayed in Barnstaple on three previous occasions. Without doubt the best hotel in the area. Comfortable and spacious room furnished and decorated to a high standard. Food and choices excellent. Staff courteous, helpful and a credit to the hotel. Will definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you very much for posting your recent review of our hotel, I am very glad to hear that you think we are the best hotel in the area! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Apart from breakfast being a bit disorganised on Sunday morning everything else was excellent. Room and hotel looked lovely, reception was quick and efficient and staff very pleasant. Ample room for car parking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel, I was very happy to read your positive comments regarding the reception you attended and am glad that you thought the hotel lovely. I am sorry that breakfast on the Sunday was a bit disorganized and will pass your comments on to our restaurant manager to act upon.
Thank you again, and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a Superior room for two nights. The whole hotel has recently been refurbished and looks fantastic. Room was not large but beautifully done, comfy bed, fabulous lighting in bathroom and great views over Rock Park. Super staff and if you stay on a Sunday, make sure you book for the carvery - best one we have ever been to. One tip, though, if you are wanting a quiet break, check there are no weddings being held during your stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting your positive review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us, our Sunday Carvery is immensely popular and we take great pride in it. I was also happy to read your comments regarding your room, and would point out that whilst we host weddings on many weekends, we do our best to accommodate guests not attending the wedding as far away from any disturbance as possible.
Thank you again, and I hope that we area be to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

I was checked in very efficiently, and given a superb room with bath and shower, on ground floor level. It was spotlessly clean and the whole hotel exudes modernity and luxury. I appreciated the facility to use the swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) at the sister Barnstaple Hotel. In short, I'd gl;adly return!

Room tip: I was in an annex, but nothing wrong with that. I suppose that given a choice, there are rooms with a balcony in the main building.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you made use of the swimming pools at our sister hotel.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on business and just picked it out of trip advisor from the reviews and scores. It's a nice looking hotel and they have obviously spent a lot of cash on it, I stayed in a Garden Court room (not the main building) which was nice and tasteful complete with its own sky box! I do think for what I paid (£129 a night) the room was far too small. I would expect to pay that in London but not in Barnstaple. I think it's a higher price just to pay for sky, £99 a night would be far more fair with the good parking and excellent breakfast. The breakfast was the only thing I ate in the hotel and it was very nice and the staff were helpful. One other thing to note the Garden Court rooms have no air con which wasn't a problem for me as it wasn't too hot at night but with high temps on the way it would be too warm. I would stay here again but only in a bigger room or at a lower rate.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I'm glad to read that you found your room in the garden court nice and tasteful, these rooms have recently been refurbished, and as you found benefit from having Sky TV, along with new furnishings, beds and lighting. Alongside the refurbishment of the main public areas of the hotel, and the creation of the new 'Seasons' Bar and Brasserie I feel that we have an excellent product on offer, which is competitively priced given our location and the standard of our hotel.
Thank you again, and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.