“Service”
Review of The Silver cod

The Silver cod
Ranked #96 of 160 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Have been to the Silver Cod every time we come to Barnstaple. This time was not an experience that I would recommend. The service wasn't very good as the waitress didn't listen or explain when we asked for 2 senior citizen meals that the haddock wasn't included. What should have been a cheap meal wasn't. When this was queried I was told that they had only 2 people on and that the restaurant came second or should have been closed. Just because you are busy you shouldn't be rude to the customer.

1  Thank ninakms

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Pickled eggs and picked onions are out of date and clearly display that there out of date too. I will not be returning.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit here in more than 20 years. WOW the best fish and chips I have had in Barnstaple hot, fresh and good size portions. The batter was golden and crisp so delicious, they even sell potato Scollops.
If you haven’t been here yet give it a try you will love it.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

This place is always busy and they have some great deals on offer I sometimes take an early evening meal home on a Friday for a change

Reviewed December 28, 2017

The Cod and Chips are freshly cooked. Sometimes there is a few minutes wait, but I would rather have this than re-heated stuff that many chip shops serve. The shop and restaurant look immaculately clean as well, which looks very inviting. Plus the staff are very friendly. I always buy my daughter cod and chips when she comes down on holiday from London. Great for special occasions like this as fish and chips are not so cheap these days anywhere!

2  Thank stevejordan1560