“Don’t go there”
Review of The Silver cod

The Silver cod
Ranked #96 of 160 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

This evening we decided to get a take away. Stood there 10 minutes at the counter as staff busy wrapping up orders . No member of staff bothered to speak to us instead we were ignored :(. ( staff training required I think on how to greet a customer! . Got served after 10 minutes and fish and large portion of chips were ordered. I remarked to my partner what a large portion of chips you receive having watched the staff wrap up orders. However , we didn’t received the same generous portion as the previous customers received so disappointed .
When we unwrapped our take away and tasted it chips were soggy and rather discussing . The fish however was ok. My advice to everyone is if you want yummy chips GO ELSE WHERE as you are wasting your money . Never again :(

Reviewed April 25, 2018

Have been to the Silver Cod every time we come to Barnstaple. This time was not an experience that I would recommend. The service wasn't very good as the waitress didn't listen or explain when we asked for 2 senior citizen meals that the haddock wasn't included. What should have been a cheap meal wasn't. When this was queried I was told that they had only 2 people on and that the restaurant came second or should have been closed. Just because you are busy you shouldn't be rude to the customer.

1  Thank ninakms
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Pickled eggs and picked onions are out of date and clearly display that there out of date too. I will not be returning.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit here in more than 20 years. WOW the best fish and chips I have had in Barnstaple hot, fresh and good size portions. The batter was golden and crisp so delicious, they even sell potato Scollops.
If you haven’t been here yet give it a try you will love it.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

This place is always busy and they have some great deals on offer I sometimes take an early evening meal home on a Friday for a change