“Great service and friendly”
Review of The Stables Brasserie - CLOSED

The Stables Brasserie
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Every time I visit, I always chat with the next tables. Very friendly atmosphere.
Food is good.
The owners are fantastic.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

me and my friend went last year not sure when but no the less. The starter's were lovey the main perfect will go again. just one nit pick from me i love my desserts but i had a almond and cherry tart it was well made but no cherry's instead it was cherry coulis

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant for the first time on a cold Wednesday evening and even then it was quite busy. The interior is warm and cosy and the service very friendly. We had 3 courses from the a la carte menu and all were of very high quality. The steak, suckling pig and confit duck were exceptional and the chocolate orange bread and butter pudding was delicious. Wine is very reasonable and we also got a big discount as they are part of the Hi Life scheme. Wigan's best town centre restaurant by a mile.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

It was a freezing cold midweek night but we got a nice warm welcome on arrival. Despite the lack of fellow diners we did not feel any lack of atmosphere and the level of attention and service was just right. The food was well cooked and presented and no complaints about the quantity. I get the impression that you would need to book in advance for a table at the weekend so I reckon we got a good deal and with lower prices as well. I am sure we will be back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited this fantastic restaurant for a family meal a couple of Saturdays ago and, more recently for a 'mother-and-daughter' lunch on Tuesday afternoon. The menu and food were exceptional on both occasions, beautifully presented with friendly and efficient service, rarely experienced, in my view, in food service these days. We thorougly enjoyed both of these visits, there was a real 'buzz' about the place yet we had a very relaxing time and never felt 'rushed' at any time even although the restaurant was full on both of these occasions.

My family also arranged a surprise party at the restaurant for my 60th birthday. This was a wonderful evening and the staff made us feel very special, the three grandchildren were also well catered for and made very welcome by the fantastic staff. I honestly can't fault this gem of a restaurant and would recommend it to anyone.