All reviews the pub wetherspoon hotels usual wetherspoons bottled water real ale great place to stay room was clean excellent value for money town centre one night stay we've stayed no lift visiting family would stay again following morning double room bit dated
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We was greeted by a lovely receptionist who was very helpful with advising how we could get to the macron stadium to see little mix as there were no trains. The room was quite small but was clean and had all the amenities we needed, Including bottled water, tea, coffee & biscuits. For the price we paid we could not complain. It’s about 15mins walk into town. We had breakfast the next morning, a bit of a wait but worth it. I’d left my watch in the room and the receptionist phoned us to let us know and even fetched it to me as we was still in the restaurant. Would definitely return if I was to visit Wigan/Bolton again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Lesley W, Manager at The Brocket Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Hi
Thank you for this excellent review , we are always happy to help our Guests with any requests they have.
It was my pleasure to return your watch.
Look forward to seeing you again in the future should you have a return visit to the area.

Lesley

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Just stayed for one night while cycling the canal. The room was comfortable and did everything it needed to. The staff were friendly and the familiar type bar was good value. Pizza and a pint for 6.49.
Had my lost camera handed in and returned to me while there.
I would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Some traffic noise in front rooms due to road at front.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Lesley W, Manager at The Brocket Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Hi
Thank you so much for this review . I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Despite entering from the car park and finding the signs to the reception very confusing we went to the bar and when we were eventually seen to the member of staff was more than helpful and pointed us in the right direction of the reception. The member of staff was more than helpful. When getting to our room it was quite cramped. Very small although it had all amenities. The shower was impossible but hey Ho I worked it out in the end.
The staff were however very hard working and amazing. The drinks are good, and the breakfast is very good value, although I was told there would be a 20min wait and actually had to wait over 40 mins for my breakfast. Not funny when you have a long drive to get home. But on the whole was comfortable, clean and would return

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi
Thank you for the review of the Hotel , I will pass on you comments to the pub regarding your issues.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Nice room clean and tidy Iron and hair dryer provided the extra pillows were a bonus tea and coffee along with biscuits were also on hand , we did not eat here as my wife was holding her Birthday party in town , we did arrive back with friends around 10pm for drinks and the drinks are very good value for money the staff were hard working warm and friendly , we went to our room at 1am no point going before then people were still sat outside chatting, the double bed was very cosy , sadly at 6.30am the staff arrived for the start of their shift and were sat out side chatting as though it was dinner time our room over looked the front of the pub so we caught every word with it being so hot we had to have the windows open , after they entered the building a gang of young people came up the street singing loudly but of course this is in no way the fault of Wetherspoons , we nodded back off though, might be a good idea for the management to ask the staff to hush a bit so early in the morning though ? , otherwise and enjoyable one night stay and yes we would return here it is cheap enough for a room along with the drinks .

Room Tip: Ask for a room round the back for peace.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi
Thank you for review of the Hotel. I will certainly have a word with the staff about the issues you have raised

LesleyWoodcock

Reviewed June 16, 2018

we stoped here to break up a journey & were pleasantly surprised the hotel staff were great friendly & very helpful, the rooms were getting on a bit but very clean & tidy we had a good nights sleep, we had an evening meal & breakfast & found the food to be very good better then our local Weatherspoon pub, there is a park very close by which is well worth a visit we would use this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: ask to see your room first so you are happy with what you get
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hi
Thank you for this review and I hope that you will visit again in the future.