All reviews busy road comfy bed mount pub junction
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Booked well in advance to stay in a twin room for one night, trusting the Premier Inn brand to deliver its usual good quality. However...not on this occasion. The building was tired and chilly, the room was cold and felt damp on arrival. There were unidentifiable stains on the chair and carpets. The room was riddled with damp patches on the walls, mould on the windowsill and in the bathroom....and just a 'not very pleasant' feel at all. Our 2 sachets of coffee were both already opened, so I had to go and see the receptionist to ask for replacements.
Breakfast was totally inadequate. One lady was rushing around doing her best, apparently on her own. Milk ran out. Coffee ran out. Juice ran out. Plates ran out. Warm breakfasts were slow to be served, coming out tepid and dry...in fact, I'm not even sure my black pudding was cooked. Some of the unwrapped pastries were dry.
It was genuinely 'terrible' and I hate to say this about a brand that I have regularly recommended.
The staff were trying their best...but there impact was limited under the circumstances.
I'm sorry, but on this occasion I would say 'avoid'. For reference, we were in Room 15. I think my photographs speak for themselves

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn team at Premier Inn Wigan West (M6,Jct 26) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Hi Catherine

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit.

I'm sorry you found the building and room cold, damp and tired. I've passed your comments onto the Hotel Manager to follow up with the Housekeeping and Maintenance teams directly.

I'm also disappointed to hear didn't enjoy your breakfast experience in the Hungry Horse. We don't own the restaurant but they serve our breakfast, so we expect it to be up to our usual high standards. We'll speak to the manager directly and ensure this level of service isn't repeated.

I really hope you change your mind and decide to give us another chance in future.

Darren

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Easy to find off Junction 26 of the M6.
Friendly and helpful receptionist who sorted out a booking glitch. We had booked a double room, which was confirmed, and later received e-mails saying we had booked a further two family rooms with a different price!
We were given a family room, which was large and clean and warm, but the bathroom looked a bit tired and could do with updating. There was a bath with shower over, rather than a walk-in shower. The non-slip surface in the bath was quite worn and we had to take care whilst standing in the bath. The shower shut itself off a couple of times whilst showering.
Hotel is very quiet considering the proximity to the motorway. Bed was very comfortable. There is no lift at the hotel.
Breakfast was served at the pub next door, so you have to go across the car park. Breakfast was OK and well cooked, but there wasn't a great deal of choice left, however enough for us. The staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful.
Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Safe car park, but the property is on a slope so a bit of a climb to the hotel and may be a bit difficult in icy weather, but you can park in the pub if necessary.

Room Tip: Guests with limited mobility would be advised to park right next to hotel, or in the pub, and to ensure they ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HampshireTraveller46
Reviewed February 27, 2018

Every business must have old rolling stock and this is definitely one of Premier Inn's. There was a nasty stain in my room which made a really bad first impression. I hoped that it was coffee and kept my socks on. Problems included stiff taps, areas of rust and peeling paint, no plug socket by the bed, secondary glazing with a window that couldn't be opened (even when it's cold I like a blast of fresh air when I wake up), and a general feel that it was worn. The corridors smelled damp in places.

Other than the stain the room was clean, so the housekeepers can't be blamed. I had a very pleasant interaction with a cheerful housekeeper and the receptionist was excellent, still there about 12 hours after our evening arrival. They keep the score up.

The Hungry Horse next door is some sort of football themed bar and when we arrived the tables were covered in finished meals. The table we were shown to was sticky and the staff were not particularly engaging. Food was okay, just all felt a bit downmarket. Premier Inn is generally a very consistent brand but I do find the attached pubs extremely variable.

As I say, every business will have old stock. This place needs doing up and I'm sure that Premier Inn have it on radar. This stay hasn't put me off the brand and I would still sooner stay here than in a brand new Travelodge.

Room Tip: It seems the damp smell is a problem with the lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here on many occasions when visiting family in Pemberton, and again pleased with the accommodation, a nice clean and quiet hotel. We book in for breakfast next door at the Mount. We had a meal at the Mount last night but it was disappointing, hopefully the breakfast will be up to the usual standard. Premier Inn spot on again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidJohnHunter
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Booked this accomodation for an appointment. Made the mistake by parking at the front instead of round the back. No problem member off staff walked us round. Check in was swift. got settled then went for a meal. We have begun to stay at Premiers in as comfortable and handy.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
1  Thank hills59