All reviews located close following morning comfy bed mount cot junction liverpool
Reviewed March 27, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn team at Premier Inn Wigan West (M6,Jct 26) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I booked this hotel because i couldn't get into the one of my choice in Chorley. I won't be making that mistake again. The car park is poorly lit and on such an incline that my car struggled to get down it. The reception is located up a set of very steep concrete steps. Whilst the receptionist was pleasant, the overall feel was not very welcoming. I was given my key (not a card) and directed to my room. I was advised that my room was located downstairs (no lift) so i made my way down the dimly lit stairway.
When i opened the door, the room was like an oven (even though the windows were fully opened onto the side facing the motorway, so the traffic noise was horrendous) i looked to see if there was air-con but the heater was situated over the vent and had been left on full. I had to get on my knees to read the label next to the plug that stated that the switches were back to front, so effectively the on position was actually the off position and vice versa.
Although there was a pedestal fan, it was so old that i may as well have picked it up and waved it around to generate airflow. The TV was straight out of the 90's, whilst the decor and bathroom were more 1970's.
The WiFi, whilst free, was sporadic at best and no use for anything other than browsing the internet.
As i write this, i haven't yet made the journey to the Hungry Horse across the car park so i can't advise on that but i can only hope it is better than the hotel.
If you can get in at Chorley South or Blackburn, I would recommend you do so...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Wigan West (M6,Jct 26) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hello there,

I'm very disappointed to hear of the experience you had. This certainly isn't what we'd expect for our guests at all. I can imagine how the noise and room temperature was very frustrating for you, especially when you weren't able to turn the heating down. I'm also upset to hear that the decor and room set up wasn't satisfactory.

With issues such as these, we'd always recommend speaking with a team member. They'd be happy to assist where they can and they may have been able to offer a new room.

With our free wifi, this is best for viewing emails and browsing social media sites. If you were looking to stream videos, we'd recommend upgrading to our Ultimate Wifi.

Rest assured, all comments will be passed over to the hotels management team for them to have a further look in to this. We wouldn't want these issues to be repeated so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please accept our apologies for the experience you had and please have confidence that this isn't our usual standard.

We hope to see you again soon.

Ricky

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Hotel ok. Adjacent pub/restaurant was adequate for meals and drinks. 3storey hotel, going down the hill from the pub - thats quite a climb for some people from lowest bedroom level to breakfast without a lift

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Booked well in advance to stay in a twin room for one night, trusting the Premier Inn brand to deliver its usual good quality. However...not on this occasion. The building was tired and chilly, the room was cold and felt damp on arrival. There were unidentifiable stains on the chair and carpets. The room was riddled with damp patches on the walls, mould on the windowsill and in the bathroom....and just a 'not very pleasant' feel at all. Our 2 sachets of coffee were both already opened, so I had to go and see the receptionist to ask for replacements.
Breakfast was totally inadequate. One lady was rushing around doing her best, apparently on her own. Milk ran out. Coffee ran out. Juice ran out. Plates ran out. Warm breakfasts were slow to be served, coming out tepid and dry...in fact, I'm not even sure my black pudding was cooked. Some of the unwrapped pastries were dry.
It was genuinely 'terrible' and I hate to say this about a brand that I have regularly recommended.
The staff were trying their best...but there impact was limited under the circumstances.
I'm sorry, but on this occasion I would say 'avoid'. For reference, we were in Room 15. I think my photographs speak for themselves

Trip type: Travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn team at Premier Inn Wigan West (M6,Jct 26) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Hi Catherine

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit.

I'm sorry you found the building and room cold, damp and tired. I've passed your comments onto the Hotel Manager to follow up with the Housekeeping and Maintenance teams directly.

I'm also disappointed to hear didn't enjoy your breakfast experience in the Hungry Horse. We don't own the restaurant but they serve our breakfast, so we expect it to be up to our usual high standards. We'll speak to the manager directly and ensure this level of service isn't repeated.

I really hope you change your mind and decide to give us another chance in future.

Darren

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Easy to find off Junction 26 of the M6.
Friendly and helpful receptionist who sorted out a booking glitch. We had booked a double room, which was confirmed, and later received e-mails saying we had booked a further two family rooms with a different price!
We were given a family room, which was large and clean and warm, but the bathroom looked a bit tired and could do with updating. There was a bath with shower over, rather than a walk-in shower. The non-slip surface in the bath was quite worn and we had to take care whilst standing in the bath. The shower shut itself off a couple of times whilst showering.
Hotel is very quiet considering the proximity to the motorway. Bed was very comfortable. There is no lift at the hotel.
Breakfast was served at the pub next door, so you have to go across the car park. Breakfast was OK and well cooked, but there wasn't a great deal of choice left, however enough for us. The staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful.
Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Safe car park, but the property is on a slope so a bit of a climb to the hotel and may be a bit difficult in icy weather, but you can park in the pub if necessary.

Room tip: Guests with limited mobility would be advised to park right next to hotel, or in the pub, and to ensure they ask for a ground floor room.
Date of stay: February 2018