It was my first time in Wigan, I reached on a Sunday to stay for a week. To be honest my first impressions about this place were below average. Though the name itself has 'town center', I found the place to be quite aloof.
But it was just a matter of couple of days to fund out how central this place was and how well connected.
1. Very economically priced.
2. Very well maintained rooms.
3. Well located.
4. Friendly and curteous staff.
5. Good breakfast spread.
6. Very close to the train station, a lot of very nice food joints, Primark, Tesco and a lot of other stores.
Things that could have been better:
1. Size of the rooms are quite small.
There was a problem with WiFi for a couple of days when I went, but I was told that it was a problem for all their hotels across the country. I assume it is not a frequent issue.
Overall I found this hotel to be really awesome and I recommend it for anyone visiting Wigan and are price conscious.
Tip: If you are booking a taxi from hotel to go to the airport avoid Blue Star cabs, as they don't seem to be consistent with punctuality.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking