All reviews stayed here meal deal small car park modern hotel old police station wigan town centre central location great nights sleep member of staff definitely stay here again excellent stay comfortable rooms good size busy road night's sleep family room tea and coffee
Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night.

I had checked in online so when we arrived at the hotel used the touch screen to get my room number and print the room keys.
It gave me my room number but failed to print the keys. Had to wait for someone to come and help to get the keys.

Rooms are standard premier inn rooms, although as the hotel is still reasonably new they are a higher standard than some older premier inns.

Massive TV which even had some HD channels and plenty of plug sockets in the room.

There's a free car park round the back but as always completely full as it's quite small with not many spaces.
However the big car park across the road is free after 6pm Saturday until 10:30 Monday morning (if you arrive earlier on Saturday then it's £2 for the day so not expensive)

We ate in the restaurant on Saturday evening and although not many people there, they only had 1 chef so the wait for food was quite long.

The burger was actually a lot better then I expected. Very thick big burger but a good meaty taste and plenty of cheese and bacon.

Chips were thin fries and tasted almost like they had been defrosted before not being cooked long enough.

After ordering dessert and waiting a long time we were then told they had no ice cream at all. Very odd to completely run out of ice cream and nearly every dessert on the menu had ice cream in it!
I had the bakewell slice with squirty cream instead of ice cream which was very nice.
My wife had the profiteroles which were a bit soggy and liquidy.

The combination of the rubbish chips, no ice cream and soggy profiteroles made us think that perhaps the freezer had broken but we asked and were told that they'd just run out of ice cream. If true then they really should have noticed earlier that they'd run out.

Breakfast was buffet style and very good. Nice sausages, bacon, fried eggs, bread, bagels, muffins, flapjack, fruit and yogurt. The scrambled eggs were very dry though.

Was looking forward to having some smoothie (a new addition to the breakfast menu) but this was nowhere to be seen.

Overall a good premier inn close to the town centre.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Colin B, Manager at Premier Inn Wigan Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time review your stay at Wigan Town Centre Premier Inn.
The team and i are really pleased that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us and its comments and feedback like this that help us deal with any issues our guests are experiencing while with us.
I am unsure of what caused the stock issues at dinner but please accept my sincere apologies for them and rest assued i will look into this to avoid a repeat performance in the future.
Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Wigan.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

My elderly mother and I travelled from Brisbane to the UK. We caught up with family and old school friends but the main reason for the trip was to take my father's ashes back to his beloved village - Crooke. I'm so glad we stayed at the Premier Inn for that week. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We had breakfast there each morning and occasionally had dinner as well. I can recommend the restaurant and bar. The rooms were excellent - super clean, comfy, up to date and roomy. Free wifi. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the main road but was very quiet due to double glazing.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

The team and i are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us for this very special reason and its comments like this that make doing our job so worth while. I will be sure to pass your great feedback onto the team.

Reviewed October 22, 2016

We stayed 2 nights in a room at the back of the hotel. Found it in an ideal spot (excellent for The Little Theatre). Easy short walk into town centre. Good free carpark - perhaps limited on space if hotel was busy but fine when we were there. If it were busy then we noticed there is a very convenient carpark nearby which is only £2 a day! Hotel was quiet, clean and front staff were very helpful and friendly. Bar and restaurant in hotel. Cannot fault - would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2016

The team and i are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and its comments like this that make doing our job so worth while.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Very comfortable and convenient for town centre. The room was very fresh and well-appointed, helped by the fact that it is a new hotel, I am told. Special praise for the staff who helped out with printing needed.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

The staff were friendly enough. Had to skip breakfast as it took far too long to come out. This could be down to the fact that I'm used to a self service breakfast at the premier but 20 mins waiting was long enough for me to decide a Costa sandwich on the go has to be the way for ward.

Disappointed by the absence of a bar. I hadn't noticed anything on the website to suggest that it was bottles only and a couple of tired, uncomfortable sofas.

The restaurant looked nice enough but I decided to give that a miss too and go in to the nearby town for something to eat with a proper drink. By the way, if venturing in to town, keep to the side of the road that has the Spoons and the Berkley on it..(I'd recommend the Berkeley), the other side, according to the locals is 'the dark side' and to be avoided unless you fancy a fight.

The room was nice, good size TV, no noise, good sleep (partly due to the drinks I'd had in town).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

The team and i are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and apologies for the issues that you had during your stay. On quieter mornings we will do a cook to order breakfast instead of the regular buffet to ensure our guests get a hot, fresh breakfast before they leave us.