“Really Lovely Place”

The Local Thai Restaurant & Take Away
Ranked #7 of 202 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Description: The Local Thai Restaurant in Paignton is open daily and serves authentic Thai cuisine prepared by an experienced Thai chefs, who trained in Thailand. We serve lunch and evening meals seven days a week, and being situated near the Vue cinema complex, The Spinning Wheel and other entertainment venues in Paignton, we are ideally placed for a pre-or post entertainment meal. If you just want an enjoyable evening out, we have a wide range of Thai dishes to suit all tastes, which can be enjoyed in our modern Thai style surroundings.
Reviewed November 16, 2017

We just walked in off of the street hoping to be able to get a table which we did. The waiter was lovely, I had forgotten my glasses and he offered me (after washing and drying them). I went for the duck spring roll which was absoutely delicious and my husband went for the pork dumplings. Main course I had Green Chicken curry with coconut rice - the spice was just enough without being too hot but I love spicy food so was really pleased. My husband had the taramind duck which he also said was absolutey delicious. The Staff were amazing and very attentive even when the restaurant started getting busier. We were also given some jelly beans whilst paying which was an added bonus. I would defintiely go back here to eat again.

2  Thank kaz1529

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Iur last night in Bangkok during a business trip ended with what I consider to be the bedt Thai food. Every plate, entree, drink, dessert was over the top excellent food. The staff were friendly and helpful.

2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Our first visit was in a big group with work which was very enjoyable. We decided to return as a couple as we loved it.... this place is a little hidden gem tucked away between the typical holiday arcades.. the food is amazing . The staff are amazing. Very friendly and attentive. Please don't get impatient while your in this resturant as it's very clear staff is minimal. However the service you get is great so go and enjoy x

1  Thank ksg85
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

On holiday this is now our second visit the food is amazing the service is second to none the atmosphere is brilliant. I just can't praise it enough.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

This is a fantastic little restaurant tucked between the amusement arcades and gift shops along Torbay Road.

The staff were great, the food was excellent, and the prices reasonable. The decor was also very good - it was a nice place to spend an hour or two in.

We were only staying in Paignton for five nights, but we dined here on three occasions, which demonstrates just how highly we rate this restaurant.

2  Thank RoebuckQ