“My first meal there...”

Cantina Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #15 of 203 Restaurants in Paignton
Description: We are a friendly, family-run cafe/bar/restaurant set on the edge of beautiful Youngs Park. Just a stones throw from Goodrington Sands Beach. We welcome dogs and everyone else! Our food is freshly cooked from raw ingredients. From doorstep sandwiches to our famous hake and handcut chips. Fresh seafood from nearby Brixham market feature often on our specials boards along with meat and produce from surrounding farms. We love being here at Cantina and we really hope you'll like us too.
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

I've popped in to Cantina for a pint whilst cycling past and it's got a lovely atmosphere. Even better in the recent heatwave.

Anyway the two of us decided we would eat there one fine sunny evening. They don't take reservations so it's a first cone first served basis which is fine with me.

You've an outdoor area that is spacious and tables far apart. I saw that other tables are introduced ay busy times.

There is then an open marquee which is attached to the building and this is nice. I didn't see any heating in there but there is a box of throws and blankets there along with big sofas.

Inside again it's nice with sofas and a generally nice atmosphere.

Limited draught beer but the bat sticks anything you need really. It's Hunts Cider (very local and really good) and Bays Devon Rock. A lovely local lager that's quite hoppy and flowery and is really quite distinctive. £4.20 a pint.

The menu is good and might look limited but I think it indicates it's all fresh and the kitchen can only cope with certain levels of business - a real plus. Having 100 items on a menu suggests either frozen/microwave or stuff that's not available.

The pricing is slightly odd but appears to be more common now.

Two prices sometimes shown but no indication as to what you get.

They've really lovely pizzas at around £6/12 and the £6 was probably 9".
Nice variety of pizzas. We had two £6 pizzas, bowl of fries, bowl of halloumi chips (£5 very good and I'd say a big portion), and a bowl of tomatoes, mozzarella and olives (£3) - came to £21.

Really tasty and lovely evening and very enjoyable.

I live locally so many friends and colleagues go and they too praise the food and service and staff.

Outside can get a bit chilly so worth taking warmer clothes as you'll probably want to stay longer than you planned.

Also has live music occasionally which adds to the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Absolutely love this little gem. Beautiful atmosphere, gorgeous tasty healthy food options, lovely drinks, friendly staff, love live music days. My new local favourite !!!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Visited Cantina for my daughter's birthday. Had sea bass with mango salsa. So nice I had to recreate at home. My girls had the goats cheese and haloumi salads which they loved. Loads of cheese. Love the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

As locals we visit Cantina at least 3 times a week -for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The food is always fabulous no matter what time of the day we go & the staff super friendly no matter how busy.
Favourites are the fish & hand cut chips -they are the best I’ve ever tasted - anywhere, & the amazing beef brisket which is served regularly for Sunday lunch. Hubby especially loves the pizzas. Overall, there’s something on the menu for even the pickiest of eaters. For those a little bit more adventurous, the chef always has some wonderfully innovative fish specials.
Last year I would say it was Paignton’s best kept secret. This year, the secret is out & they are deservedly busy. But no matter how many customers, the standard remains top notch. My very favourite restaurant

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Set in a lovely location within Goodrington Park. This was our second visit and did not disappoint. Friendly service and superb food. We visited with our two children and two dogs and all were made very welcome.