“Great food but need to brush up on bar service”

Dragon Pearl Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 202 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of Paignton. We offer dine-in, takeout and delivery. Great for any occasion!
Reviewed April 11, 2017

This is an unassuming restaurant from the outside but a little gem on the inside where it counts.

I ate with a party of 9 and we all had delicious food - large portions and served quickly. The menu is extensive and offers the usual range of set meals and individual choices. The prices are excellent.

I had spring rolls and crispy duck. Both courses were delicious and I will probably choose the same again or have them as a takeaway if I fancy it some night when I don't fancy cooking.

The only drawback to the evening was that some of the party had to go to the bar when they first arrived to get their own drinks rather than being able to charge them to their meal account. Apart from that the service was excellent and I highly recommend this Restaurant and will certainly go back there again.

DragonPearlPaignton, Owner at Dragon Pearl Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it.

We suggested getting drinks at the bar as this would make it easier for you when the bill comes as you wanted separate bills. I hope that makes sense. We do normally operate table service but we thought on this occasion it would be easier for you.

Looking forward to having you all back.

Thanks,
Dragon Pearl Chinese Restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We did not book, but myself and daughter were offered a table immediately. Free prawn crackers, tasty soup and ample portions - we ate far more than is healthy! All ingredients were fresh, and served with attentiveness. Slightly too salty, by I tend to expect that in a Chinese restaurant. However, a tasty meal enjoyed by both of us.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

I took my two daughters for lunch - 4 courses for £6.50! Amazing value for money, and the food - heavenly!!
Quite a busy lunchtime ( and at that price I'm not surprised) and one waitress managed to serve everyone. We will certainly be back!

Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

Went here afew weeks ago on a staff do and it was great....lovely food great service and nice cold beer.
The place has a nice atmosphere and is clean.
We all really enjoyed ourself.
We went for the buffet and there was so much food lots of courses.
Will defo return or order take out.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

We Had dinner at this restaurant last Saturday. Food was great and the service was attentive. Price for all you can eat buffet was slightly more expensive that I pay at home in Wales, but still good value for money.