“Scrumpy cakes!!”
Review of Cupcakes

Cupcakes
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Paignton
Reviewed July 21, 2016

We visited whilst on holiday. Hubby had the lemon cake which was really tasty and I had an iced cupcake which was delicious. Followed by a coffee and tea. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

Myself and my two little ones went here for an afternoon snack. We all had brownies which were delicious. (I will digress here for a moment - I think the young lady serving us was new as she seemed a little unsure when I asked if we could get some sandwiches and kids packs to take away, she said she would find out but ultimately forgot. Whilst I was being served, another couple walked in, looked at the menu and walked out. At this point, a lady from the kitchen, who I assumed to be the manager, rushed out and told my server off for 'losing her customers'. I thought this was very unprofessional and I really felt for the lady on the till). When we had finished our cake, I asked a second member of staff about the takeaway food. She was very helpful and took my order. We then had to wait for it to be prepared - my youngest was being very stroppy at this point and whether this had any bearing, I don't know, but, when we came to eat our takeaway a couple of hours later, none of the food was wrapped or sealed in any way, just shoved in a brown paper bag. My youngest had curly ham sandwiches smothered in chocolate cupcake icing, and my oldest's meal was smeared in pink icing with a very bruised apple. My doorstep sandwich fared better as it was in a paper bag and was very good. In summary, if you eat in, I would recommend it. If you are planning on taking out, try somewhere else!

2  Thank Jo H
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Came here last year

Scones very nice - very quaint and relaxing too

Guess new girl was serving as she seemed unsure of process and overcharged me (she corrected it after I told her )

Nice home made scones tho - made up for the rubbish ones we had in Brixham that were clearly shop bought

A must try if in the area

Reviewed July 4, 2016

We visited Paignton for a day trip and were lucky enough to find Cupcakes. The cream tea was astonishingly good. Wonderfully fresh and HUGE!

Reviewed July 1, 2016

This Cafe is lovely, great ambiance, and a warm and friendly welcome from the owners Sheena and Lesley. The variety of food available is fantastic, the breakfast menu is second to none with options such as American style pancakes as well as your more traditional breakfasts and all for a very reasonable price. They also have a great selection for vegetarians and other special dietary requirements, anything is possible, just ask!

If you like cake, this is the place to go! Huge slabs of yummy cake to go with your tea or coffee and the best cream teas in Devon! I've never seen scones so big in my life!

Thank you for your lovely hospitality, I will be back to Devon for more cake soon!