“A comfortable down to earth restaurant.”
Review of Tandoori Nights

Tandoori Nights
Ranked #124 of 189 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I have had several very good take away meals from this restaurant prior to endulging in their in house service. My friend and i called in about a month ago as this was one of the few Indian food establishments she had not tried in the 'Costa Gerriatrica' of Paignton.
We took our own beer in with us as we didn't think they were licensed and no objection was made to this. We were afforded the luxury of being able to sit back to contemplate the very comprehensive menu and allowed to have the meal for one for the same price as the takeaway at £11( each). Out of season we were the only people sat there late evening which tends to be the increasingly depressing normal situation for Torbay at present.

My friend chose a vegetarian Dansak dish whilst I went for meat Ceylon.
Both of these were excellent with mine having very tender lamb pieces, unlike a few other Indian restaurants offerings locally. I gave the Ceylon a score of 9.5 out of 10 and my friend was also very impressed, so she gave her dish 9 out of ten - and we tend to be rather critical judges of anything to do with food and drink.
For us it was a pleasure to have such welcoming service in a family owned and run restaurant where the meal was quite simply faultless. The plates were warm, quantities were very generous, so much so that we had to use the containers I brought along for takeaways.
This restaurant in my opinion is underrated. It might seem basic with linoleum flooring, but, lo and behold, somehow these from personal experience are always better than much more poncey, fully carpeted places. We will definitely go back when we can !
For those using buses, the last No 12 service to Torquay leaves Preston 'shelter' just across the road at 23.40 and the last Gold service bus is five minutes past midnight.
Going towards Brixham, the last No 12 is 23.43 from Eugene Road which runs parallel to the back of this restaurant. The last Gold service terminating at Paignton is 23.06 from the same bus stop. I mention this for the possible convenience of visitors. After 7pm one can get a 'night rider' ticket for just £3, saving a lot on standard fares.

1  Thank Martin E

Reviewed 5 March 2016

We ordered through just eats and stated a 8ish delivery as knew I wouldn't be home from work till then....it arrived at 6.40...luckily my husband was at home! Curry quite watery and not much flavour and nann bread tasteless......won't be ordering from here again

Reviewed 12 August 2015

the décor is not the best , but I am not going in there just to look at the wall paper , never eaten in the place always called in and got a take away .
never had a bad meal ,great quality and not over priced ,nice staff very friendly .
usually have at least 5 meals all different , and all very nice to eat

1  Thank chas m
Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

This Indian was the worst me and my partner have ever had. Several things were very wrong, the first issue was that we gave very clear instructions on where the food was to be delivered as we were staying in a hotel, the food toke well over an hour to arrive, way more than it was estimated at.

The second issue was the driver. He was very very rude and started to talk very badly about us the instant we collected the food.

The third issue was the food itself, tbe food was blan and didnt taste like authentic indian food. The poppadoms were burnt and the rice was very sweet like suger had been poured onto it.

The drinks we had ordered were hot and hadnt been chilled at all befor ordered aswell.

I will never recommend this service to anyone who likes indian food.

1  Thank Brad C
Reviewed 25 August 2014

been here a few times , and the food is great main meal comes with rice or chips in the price so good value , always had a take away , but the same food goes into the restrant although this did look dated , but always a smile , and very helpfull