“Fantastic food & experience ”
Review of Gurkhas Diner

Gurkhas Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Gurkhas Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 189 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$21 - US$38
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are not just an ordinary Nepalese or Indian restaurant. Founded in 2004 as a take-away in Market Street, Torquay, we were the very first Nepalese Cuisine Speacialist in the whole of Torbay or Devon. We have grown from a single small takeaway to a big licensed restaurant. We serve stylish, high quality, great value Nepalese and Indian Cuisine, as well as outstanding quality food, responsibly sourced from around 7 suppliers nationally. Since the closure of our takeaway in market street, I've seen number of so called Nepalese Restaurant opened around the bay but we can guarantee you none of them is traditional nepalese like ours. We are a family run business where my dad is the headchef, my uncle is the second chef, my mum is the customer host and im the waiter/manager. Now thats a proper family business. We look forward to seeing you and serving you mouth watering momo (my personal fav).
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Found this place by chance & had read really good reviews about it. The staff were very friendly & professional. Think it was run by the family, making it a much better experience.

The curries were amazing!! One of the best curries I've ever had, and better than the top ones in London. Perfectly flavoured & spiced. Best rice we've ever had & best naan breads too. The starters were amazing too.

Small dining room, but makes it much more intimate for couples. Will definitely have to visit again soon :)

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Great quality lovely curry cooked to order hot or medium , not a drop of oil in the food. Had home delivery, very quick from the drivers.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

This place was recommended to myself and my girlfriend by the owner of the guest house we were staying at so as Balti loving Midlanders we went along and we weren't disappointed! Excellent food, served hot and good portions too. The young fella running the place was a brilliant host, chatty, helpful and a thoroughly nice guy (evidently he runs the place with his parents). Wouldn't hesitate to return there if I ever find myself in Paignton again, all round great eatery! Top marks for a top curry!

1  Thank Gary T
Reviewed 3 August 2016

This was our third meal here and every time the food is superb. The building itself is nothing special but they have done a great job of adding authentic Nepalese touches to the decor. The service is very good indeed, helpful but not intrusive. However, the star of the show is the food! Hard to pick what to mention, definitely the best naan we've ever eaten, have tried various meat dishes and all were beautifully seasoned, the dal is to die for..... Top marks!

1  Thank churchillalayne
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Full of flavour and spice the food is great and Jackie behind the bar is to die for , well I think so. Good value for money. Excellent service.