“Surprise Party”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2016

On Saturday 27th February I was fortunate enough to book Paul's fantastic intimate bistro for a party for my wife's significant birthday. Nothing was too much trouble for Paul and his team - the menu was comprehensive, pre orders were emailed and the meals were served up just as ordered. The starters were generous and well received by all guests; mains were served piping hot with steaks as ordered and seasonal vegetables cooked perfectly. Other mains included salmon, duck, chicken and a vegetarian option. The portions were generous and the plates were cleared. Our desserts ranged from chocolate tart, through cheesecake and crème brulee to a comprehensive cheeseboard. The service was attentive, efficient and well timed by 3 young girls with a really positive attitude. I have been receiving texts all week from guests who thoroughly enjoyed the evening and raved about the food. I think my wife has now forgiven me for the shock as she did expect a quiet meal for 2!
The Bistro Iona may not have lots of space but it makes up for it with its adaptability and quality. Don't wait - book in now!

3  Thank EdBarr

Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

Great casual dining experience. Good food served by friendly and efficient staff. As one of our company said 'I've never had a bad meal here'. Great to bring our own wine. Lesson learnt - 4 out of 5 thought they will bring red. Result - most brought white. Still went down well! Well done Iona.

2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed February 9, 2016

This is an excellent place to eat in Holywood! - It's quiet and cozy. The service is excellent and the food is good value and good quality! We will eat there again in the near future!

3  Thank TheGallopingGourmets
Reviewed January 11, 2016

a group of around 30 of us were here for our Christmas party in mid December and had the restaurant to ourselves.Can honestly say has been the best meal have had in a long time (many of my colleagues have since agreed) everything was superb from the moment we arrived.The professional appearance and greetings from the lovely waitresses, the standard of food presented to us and the amazing laid back atmosphere made it a fantastic night for us.For a small team of from what I could see that consisted of 1 chef and 3 waitresses and a kitchen help to serve 30 of us in such a slick and timely manner would put larger establishments to shame! this may be a small premises but it is big in everyway, big food, big service and big value. Many thanks for a great great night and will be back again ( oh and thanks to the chef for the pot of cranberry and port sauce he gave me on leaving after asking for the recipe.Went down a treat on Christmas Day)

2  Thank mrsmurph2
Reviewed December 1, 2015

Had a wonderful meal at this little bistro. Atmosphere is charming, food is very good, and the service was so friendly and attentive. Absolutely faultless. This was our first visit and we will certainly be back.

2  Thank DeeJayDonaghadee