“Just wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Holywood
Holywood, United Kingdom
“Just wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012 via mobile

The Mitre Resturant - 6 stars for service could not get better. It was polite, slick and great attention to detail without being overly fussy. The food was to die for, fresh exquistely prepared with all 8 plates presented at the same time. The "50 " Day aged steak just melt in the mouth with wonder flavour.
To sum in 2 words. " wonderfully Perfect "

Stayed April 2012
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Davidcrowe

Thank you for taking the time to write to a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate & Spa.

Mr Stephen Meldrum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We visited the Culloden for a Van Morrison Concert (in the Hotel!). While my wife went for a swim, I went for a walk in the gardens to see and admire the great sculptures dotted around the lawns. Passing the venue for the concert, I sneaked a peek inside, only to see a man looking back at me, who promptly came outside and when I told him that I was there for the concert, invited me in, showed me around, gave me the menu for the concert, found our seats on the event managers list and offered to change the starter on the menu if it didn't suit my pregnant wife! He made of point of checking to make sure that everything was ok for my wife when we arrived for the concert. I will stay there again. The location is beautiful and the staff are excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mccarthymor

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you are planning on returning to the Culloden Estate & Spa. It is encouraging to receive such positive comments as we are continually striving to make sure every guest has a very special experience with us.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Visited the Mitre restaurant (established family favourite) during April 2011 - food was superb as always and the staff overall were responsive, with attention to detail. Once we were seated in the restaurant having waited in the lounge area for a while the service was great and ensured that we will return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

On our recent trip to Ireland we had the most lovely family dinner at the Culloden Estate. The service and food was nothing less than excellent!! Thanks for a meal with family to remember.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear 30ish61

Following your review of 16 April 2012, I am writing to express my thanks at your very kind comments

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

The stay was amazing go , the staff , food , view, we're lovely . The staff are professional and attentive and nothing was to much problem. The restruant was well ran we eat there on our first night and the food was out of this world. What a team

Many thanks

Teer family

Stayed February 2012
Dear Corina C

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your very kind comments about the Culloden Estate & Spa and particularly about our staff.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Located in the georgeous grounds of the culloden estate the cultra inn is the perfect place to spend a sunny day. The outside eating area is idealic looking over the grounds. The location was equalled however by the excellent service and food we received. The waitress even brought out water for my dog. I had not eaten here in a while and must say the menu has improved greatly since my last visit. The menu has something for everyone and my vegetarian meal was as nice as my friend's meat option which seldom occurs. The indoor dinning area is just as inviting with huge fires and a friendly atmosphere. Will definately be back

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Holywood300

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor.

Lewes, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

From the moment we arrived to celebrate our anniversary, we encountered fabulous levels of customer service and a room with the most beautiful view over the Lough and grounds. The reception staff we're so helpful, going beyond expectations when supporting unusual April fool's requests!! As for the fabulous Michelin star restaurant, again beyond expectations.... We had a great evening exploring the Irish Whisky selection at the bar. Overall the Culloden Estate deserves the 5* and we left with such a good memory, that we would recommend that a trip to Belfast would incomplete without resplendent indulgence at the Culloden Estate.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Enveetrekkers

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor for the Culloden Estate & Spa.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding the Culloden Hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Mr Stephen Meldrum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Rayanne House
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Golden Mile
Europa Hotel - Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!