All reviews train station full scottish breakfast friendly atmosphere visiting dunbar steak pie room was large four poster bed breakfast was delicious powerful shower lovely hotel would stay again attending a wedding function room steak night bit dated cosy bar sea view
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Have been to steak night on many occasions at the Royal Mackintosh Hotel, unbelievable value with all the trimmings! Very friendly easygoing atmosphere.

Bar has a Great Verity of Single Malts, If you’re a whisky fan the Royal mackintosh is the only place in Dunbar for you!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank RossDavidBarr
Reviewed September 6, 2018

My friend stayed for 2 nights, second time from ENGLAND, she thoroughly enjoyed her stay, the staff were so friendly, especially KIRSTY and the young man who served our meal for the 2 nights has the makings of doing well in HOSPITALITY, far better than our server last year.The food was excellent< especially the battered haddock and steak pie.
All the staff were happy and friendly.
HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON. MARY GIBB, DUNBAR.

Room Tip: Room 14 NEWLY refurbished and comfortable>
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank hamishami007
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I spent a week at this hotel during my stay in Dunbar, and I found the room to be large and comfortable. The staff were helpful, and it boasts three bars, though only one is really suitable for oldsters like myself. They also claim to have the best selections of single malts in Dunbar, and I, for one, would not dispute it. If you stay here, be sure to check out their dinner specials, as I did pretty well with them. Finally, it is only one block from the train station, making it a quick getaway back Edinburgh Waverly when your trip is done.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank davegering
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The building is a beautiful Victorian villa, sadly the interior is very tired and dated. My room was a decent size, had a super king bed the duvet just about fitted it, was clean and had basic furniture. The bathroom was functional but the sound proofing with the next room is lacking ... ! I found the hotel to be noisy with doors downstairs banging throughout the night which made the bed shake. My view from the bedroom window was seriously disappointing... there wasn’t one (room 9)
Food was reasonably priced and nicely cooked. Would I stay again .... I don’t think so.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Had a very disappointing experience in this hotel. Whilst on a road trip of Scotland, this was the most expensive, dirty, not maintained with an unpleasant odour throughout. I am still staggered about the unacceptable quality of the accommodation. Breakfast was surprisingly pleasant. Our expectations were very low given the rooms/smell. Whilst settling our bill staff gave us a deduction when we gave them a tour of our rooms. Hope this hotel gets the care attention it so desperately needs. The photos tell a tale my words can not.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends