“Great way to bring in the New Year!”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance to the property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Entrance to the property
The Bridge which the House is named after.
Sitting Room
Sitting room with the wood burning stove lit.
Dining Room with 10 place dining table
Open plan kitchen
Modern Well Equipped Kitchen
View from the kitchen window
Double Bedroom with Four Poster
Luxury twin room
Slipper Bath in Large Newly Refurbished Bathroom
Ensuite Bathroom
New 7 person Hot Tub
Sheep on the Estate
Broxmouth Estate grounds/lake
The view over the adjoining golf course
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jamie M
“Great way to bring in the New Year!”
Reviewed January 6, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Bridge House over New Year and had a fantastic time. House was perfect for our families and the surrounding grounds meant the kids had plenty space to play and have their adventures. Nicely spec’d and the hot tub was brilliant. We left a couple of things accidently and met Simon a week later to pick up. Great host and a lovely guy! Recommend this to anyone who wants a relaxing weekend with a big group!

12 Jan 2018
Hi Jamie, We are delighted that you all had such a great time. Children and adults both love having so much space to explore. Your review is very much appreciated. Kind regards Susan
IS2121
“Outstanding family and pet friendly accommodation!”
Reviewed January 1, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked Bridge House for a family get-together for a special birthday. Our family of 6 adults, 4 children and one dog had a great time over the three nights we spent at Bridge House. The family was easily accommodated in the spacious and well-appointed bedrooms and gathered easily in the large lounge in front of the wood burning stove. No shortage of bathrooms to choose from. Open plan dining and kitchen enabled all of us to eat comfortably together. The grounds are super - you feel well out in the country, but Dunbar is a few minutes down the road. The beach is easily accessible. We were well looked after by Simon and his family. The few minor issues which arose were promptly and cheerfully dealt with and for me that is the mark of great service. Thank you, Simon. We hope to re-visit Bridge House in the future.

12 Jan 2018
Thank you so much for your kind review, we are so pleased you had a lovely time. It was great having you to stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards Susan
hazelwats...
Fife, United Kingdom
“Girls Weekend for a 30th Birthday - August 2017”
Reviewed August 14, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Just returned from a girls weekend for my friends 30th birthday. Ten of us stayed the 2 nights at the bridge house and can't praise it enough! The house and gardens are beautiful and so well kept. I've read a couple of negative reviews regarding the house but I find them critical in comparison to our experience! I found the owner Simon easy to contact and very helpful - even whilst he was abroad he returned my calls and emails. I phoned on the Friday to receive the key safe code and was met with the gardener when I arrived, who was extremely friendly and helpful. I also received a message on departure to ask how our stay was. The owners were quick to help but also respected our privacy and were not intrusive over the weekend. The house was clean and bedrooms were very comfortable, fresh bedding and towels were provided. We never used the BBQ due to the weather but there was a bag of charquol and firelighters left for us. The hot tub was clean and heated for our arrival and much bigger than I anticipated, fitted all 10 of us in! I phoned Simon on the Saturday afternoon to see if we could have the hot tub filled and it was done for us very quickly. The only thing I would have liked is an earlier check in and later check out, however I understand the house is booked for others and takes time to get ready for the next booking. My friend had an amazing birthday weekend which the house played a huge part in! Will definitely be back for another girls weekend!

Your age range 25-34
12 Jan 2018
Dear Hazel, Thank you for your lovely review it is very much appreciated and we would love to see you back. It is really important to us that you have a wonderful time. Kind regards Susan
Excursion...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Could do better for tthe money paid”
Reviewed August 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Very impressed with the location,all enjoyed so much 5 stars I'd say not so from the owner Simon 2 stars ,I'd say,
Not a contact at all to say is all ok, which to me would have gone down so so well,
The house needing more loving care,surely doesn't take too much to clean windows and wipe up past stains from previous drinks, not even a tin opener???? Now what's that all about???
After all paid plenty,!!!!
Must give credit to the gardener who was very pleasant ,which the owner may be could take a leaf from his book . now it was our Golden wedding celebration which did tarnish it a little bit.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
13 Aug 2017
Dear Kath
Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review of your stay, and for highlighting your concerns.
You arrived and were checked into the property earlier than the agreed time which meant that it was not possible to perform the final inspection which would have identified any stains and the lack of a tin opener, which must have been removed by an earlier guest. The windows are cleaned regularly and I can only surmise that the recent weather must have temporarily impacted their appearance.
I tried to call you on the Saturday to make sure that everything was OK, and my wife also met with a couple of members of your party who confirmed that everything was OK, so we were unaware of any issues during your stay. Indeed, we sent our handyman/gardener at regular intervals to check on the hot tub and collect any rubbish, and he was similarly unaware of any issues.
In concluding I can only say that you review was unfair and unbalanced, and not representative of this spectacular property for which we receive masses of positive feedback every year.
dmk37
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful estate, house comfortable but not equiped as advertised. No response from owner...very disappointing!”
Reviewed June 25, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Bridge House in May. This was a family reunion as my son was home from abroad. The estate is beautiful and the house comfortable but we did have a few issues.
We were told we would receive an email with the code for the keypad allowing us to enter the property but never received an email from Simon. We did call Simon but it went to voicemail, turns out he was on holiday. So I'm unsure how he thought we were going to access the house! Fortunately while we were waiting someone came to attend to the hot tub and contacted Damion (operations manager) for us.

Being a large group with young children we had planned to have dinners in the house. We were delighted to read that there was a BBQ provided and planned accordingly. When Damion brought the high chair I asked him where the BBQ was, he said there wasn't one but he would see what he could do. Unfortunately he couldn't help us! We then had to go into Dunbar and purchase disposable ones.

This brings me to the kitchen. It was very very poorly equipped. The oven and oven tray were very dirty. There was no grill pan. There were no oven dishes and a lack of serving dishes. Kitchen utensils are required....there wasn't even a tin opener!!
More than one bin bag is required for such a large group for two nights! The height of the cooker hood is nothing short of ridiculous!! You are actually standing above it...at average height!

You also advertise logs being available for the fire. Not a lot of good if there's no matches to light it! Kindling and firelighters would have been helpful too. (There was an empty lighter in the kitchen drawer.)

There was dirty washing in the washing machine. The main bathroom was smelling and the shower drain in the upstairs double ensuite needs cleaned.

Damion was very apologetic and as helpful as he could possibly be. It's such a pity as its a beautiful house but the kitchen lacks attention to detail and for the cost that's unacceptable.
We have contacted Simon detailing the above but disappointingly have had no response hence review here. Damion couldn't have been more helpful or apologetic but unfortunately couldn't help us.

The estate for beauty and seclusion I would rate 5 stars. For lack of basics in kitchen and not everything being as advertised and lack of communication from Simon I give 2 stars.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
6 Jul 2017
Dear Dorothy
Thank you for your review, client feedback is extremely important to us. I am sorry that you had some issues whilst staying at the Bridge House, the BBQ and final inspection were clearly missed and as you noted although we were away this should not have been the case. We have now installed a brand new BBQ, upgraded the kitchen equipment and implemented a better final inspection system, so in fairness none of the points noted (apart from your slightly strange comment about the cooker hood) should be an issue for any future guests.
With respect to communication I received nothing from you but believe that this could be due to the holiday letting email system, through which I tried to send you an email and it bounced back. If you or anyone else needs to contact me my direct email address is simon@broxmouth.com
We have many delighted visitors staying in the very private properties on our estate every year, and look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.
Kind Regards
Simon
Weelindsa...
“Girls weekend away for my 30th”
Reviewed October 25, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

10 of us stayed at bridge house for my 30th birthday weekend. The house was fab, really clean and the rooms were all gorgeous. Check in was easy and the owners were available to answer any questions, whilst giving us privacy for the weekend. The rooms were comfortable and the house was really warm, which was great for getting out the hot tub! The hot tub made the weekend. We also attended foxfall which was a fun activity for those who are adventerous! Everyone had a great time and I would definitely recommend bridge house and hope to return again. Thanks for an awesome 30th!!

MarylRama...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience!”
Reviewed May 17, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We rented both the Bridge House and Head Gardeners Cottage for my husband's birthday weekend. We stayed for two nights in both properties. Really lovely houses that felt beautifully cosy and warm, really luxurious accommodation with great attention to detail - tea, coffee and biscuits set out when we arrived. They are set in really lovely surroundings with plenty to do and see without even leaving Broxmouth Park. The sheep fields were beautifully kept and we could walk across them alongside the sheep, between houses as we needed. There is a horse paddock in front of the Gardeners Cottage with lovely looking horses, which the children were most excited about! Wild deer were also spotted and the walk to the lake and tree house were beautiful. Jacuzzis at both properties too - what a treat! All facilities worked perfectly, we didn't have any complaints at all. There were 18 of us in total and everyone had a wonderful time, children and adults alike!
The owners have been extremely helpful both before and after our stay as well as on the day of arrival. They made things very simple and straight forward for us, and are very generous and relaxed! We would absolutely recommend staying in either of these properties whether with friends for a celebration as we did, or for a quite break away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. I cant wait for our next trip down there!
Thank you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Luxurious setting of both properties
Liked least: That we had to leave!
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Jul 2016
Dear Mary
Thank you for such lovely reviews for both properties it is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon. Kind regards Susan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing