All reviews hot tub suite late check elemis products strawberries conservatory restaurant amazing views bottle of prosecco groupon voucher steak cooked breakfast staff were lovely room with a sea view young waiter lick of paint relaxing stay john muir biscuits
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We decided to book an overnight stay here, being 8 months pregnant we thought it would be a nice relaxing stay before baby arrives as I love staying anywhere where you can see the water .. I find it really calming (usually)!

I read a few bad reviews before we went but decided to still give it a chance .. I wasn’t fussed for a hot tub but paid extra for a superior room to ensure we got a sea view room.
I mentioned being heavily pregnant when I booked so was surprised on arrival to find we had been put up on 2nd floor ... however we popped our stuff into our room (room no1) which was very basic and on the run down side however did have a gorgeous sea view so we decided to go for a drink at the bar before going to nearby restaurant for dinner.
We went down to the bar and waited for about 15mins for someone to attend to us ... at one point I genuinely thought it was self serve ... my husband went to find someone and the lady came through to serve us ... the bar was nice but I asked if there was anywhere we could sit and enjoy our drink with the sea view .. she advised we could sit through in the conservatory and she would bring our drinks through which was nice! My soft drink can was warm so expected a glass with ice ... I got a glass but no ice, my husbands beer was apparently nice though! The bit where we sat had potential but there were cob webs, wallpaper that was coming away from walls in the corner and I counted at least 6 flies which was off putting as it was such a small space, there was also a big crack in the glass window.
We went for a meal and as the weather wasn’t great headed back to our room to relax and watch tv.
When we got to our room we discovered we had to retune the tv so whilst we done that my husband tried to close the curtains ... the curtains did not fit the window properly and hadn’t been hung correctly so we really struggled to close them ... we used the chairs to try and hold them in position which was fine at night but by morning it was an early wake up call with light shining in!
The bathroom seemed to have been freshened up a bit more than the room however has a thin curtain hanging which you wonder if people outside can see you in the bathroom as you can see outside ... especially if you need a toilet break during the night and need to turn the light on !
The “double bed” was 2 singles pulled together which is usually ok as they tend to have a latch on them but the latch seemed to be broken so a gap was starting to form! One of the bed side lights didn’t have a plug to plug it in and the one I had went on but had to be turned on and off at main switch so meant having to get up out of bed to turn it off!
In the morning it was time to use the shower, it was a nice temperature but wasn’t very powerful at all. We then headed down for breakfast, we were shown to our seat with menu but the waitress just stood over us... I was a bit confused so asked her “if she standing there to take our order?” as we clearly hadn’t had a chance to look at menu yet ... she looked at me and was still stood there so we quickly ordered and I had to ask if we were ok to use the buffet whilst we wait on order which she did confirm! The breakfast was nice with a selection of cereals, pastries, yogurts, cooked breakfast, fruit or porridge. However of course in that room there were again ... more flies! We then went to check out and the person on desk (possibly the manager) was on the phone ... rather than acknowledge us he carried on his conversation and it took for 2 of the ladies that work there to give him a look as if to say “are you going to acknowledge these guests”!

Overall our stay was “ok” I definitely don’t think it’s worth what it costs to stay there, most of the staff were lovely, but the parts of the hotel we seen were run down. The room however did seem clean (minus the odd mark on the bed sheet) and the breakfast was nice. You really are paying for the sea view only.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM-Bayswell, Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review .
I am very sorry to hear that we did live up to your expectations.
Please give me a call 01368 862225 if you would like to discuss the issues.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Lovely hotel in Dunbar overlooking the rugged coastline. Our room had an amazing view of this and was very comfortable and clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely walking areas and a good restaurant nearby. Easy walk to the train - only 26 minutes train ride to Edinburgh. Delicious and wholesome breakfast included in the price.

Room tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view

HI Jan C.

Many thanks for taking the time to writing such a lovely review ,
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bayswell next time your in the UK.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

We were in room 1 and the view was the best of what could be said about the room. Very tired and a lot could be done at not too much cost to make it much more appealing.
The curtains didn't meet on the bay window so if you didn't have an eye mask then you are in for an early wake up!
One of the bedside lamp couldn't be plugged in unless you could move the bed, which we didn't. The other had to be switched on/off at the plug, so out of bed to put it off.
Only a very narrow cupboard to hang a very few garments.
No blind in the bathroom window, only a very flimsy net curtain. Not ideal as it is overlooked.
Breakfast room (conservatory) - the wide window ledge was filthy.
Breakfast wasn't brilliant, especially the scrambled egg.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We stayed for 2 nights (a weekend) in this lovely atmospheric hotel. We didn't enjoy a room with a sea view but next time we will go for it. It's very quite anyway only the seagulls can be loud sometimes! Comfortable bed, a shower with jets (we didn't use them), all usual amenities provided including ironing board. Staff is friendly and was very helpful with booking taxis that we had to use as we went to Dunbar by train from London via Edinburgh. But the best part of our stay was the breakfast. They serve it in a glass conservatory on the ground floor with a spectacular view to the open sea. There is a buffet with all basic things, cereals, cheese, croissants and toasted bread. But you can also order your eggs, full Scottish breakfast with haggis, or creamy porridge. It's a great place for a short break and we hope to get back soon.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view room, they must be amazing!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM-Bayswell, General Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to right lovely review,so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the Bayswell very soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed on 6 August with an Itison booking.Booking was easy on the phone and confirmed by email.
The hotel is easy to find and in a stunning location.
We checked in with a minimum of fuss.
Room 2 we were in had a modern and clean en suite and the bed was 4 poster in style and fairly comfortable.
Yeah the Prosecco was light but hey we didnt expect a £40 bottle.
The room carpet was needing attention with what appeared to be a bleach stain but it was clean as was the room itself.
Breakfast was great and we were attended by very pleasant staff throughout.

I may be wrong but it seems that the hotel is being modernised a bit at a time ......only my opinion though.
Kids play area looked new ..

Would stay here again .

1  Thank John F
GM-Bayswell, General Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hi John F

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
So pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bayswell Park soon.