“Excellent Pizzas”
Review of Just Pizza & Pasta

Just Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Description: Family friendly Authentic Italian Pizza and Pasta restaurant with a range of specials and delightful desserts.
Reviewed April 14, 2018

Some of the best pizza I have eaten and I've had pizzas in Napoli. Great team, service excellent, food delicious and very reasonably priced. We were only on the island for five days but went here twice.

4  Thank MorganIndia
Mitch S, Director of Sales at Just Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, repeat custom and award of 5*s.
It humbles me to read that our pizza equated to “some of the best pizza I have eaten”!
All our raw ingredients come from Italy on a weekly basis, we combine them with fresh local produce & cook it in or Forne Ceky flame oven which as you have said, gives delicious results.
I hope you visit us again next time you are on the island & thank you again for your amazing review!

Reviewed April 7, 2018

Great Italian restaurant which serves exactly what it’s name suggests - plus great risotto and cheesecake. Constantly busy so probably best to book but we were lucky enough to get a table for 5 on three occasions during a week stay in Douglas. They have a children’s menu and are great at accommodating the food whims of kids. Adult portions were large but they were happy to split one portion between two people when requested. Service prompt and efficient.

4  Thank Zazzeh
Mitch S, Director of Sales at Just Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review & award of 4*’s. Yes, we are really “just pizza & pasta” however as you have said we do have amazing risottos & cheesecake too!
Having a short concise menu allows us to make the best possible fresh food right in front of your eyes in our open show kitchen. Yes, it is quite amazing how busy we are most nights of the week now, it’s hard to believe we are not quite 2 years old yet!
Our “little guests” are important too that’s why we have special kids menu with some activities to keep them amused & because we make evey meal fresh to order we can accommodate any food whims they or adults have.
We look forward to seeing you again next time you are staying in Douglas.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant last week twice and the verdict is “simply perfect”. The food was amazing, plenty and fresh. We literally filled our boots at a very good price.
During our first visit what looked like “kitchen nightmare” turned out to be a delicious meal. Some of the staff seemed to have an argument and instantly there was tension amongst them. This was obvious as it is an open kitchen restaurant and no one was willing to serve us. In order to attract the staff attention I kindly smiled I order to let them know that I was there waiting (almost 30min to take the order!). I was running out of patience but decided to give it a second chance and stay.
We ordered calzone and pizza and when the food arrived it looked fresh and tasted delicious. Probably one of the best Italian restaurants I have visited around Europe.
The second time we visited the restaurant everything was quite the opposite. Namely, service was fast and the food arrived on time. Of course quality and freshness was the same.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are into Italian food. Portions are very generous as well. However, if the staff sounds like having an argument they actually don't. It's their passionate Italian temperament which makes them talk loud. I can confirm that they are all very kind. During our second visit the waiter remembered us and brought split bills as we had requested last time.
I will definitely visit the restaurant again in my next visit to Douglas and also recommend it to my colleagues.

2  Thank Natalia S
Mitch S, Director of Sales at Just Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, award of 5*’s and repeat custom. I must admit as I was reading your review I thought it was going to go horribly wrong with the words “kitchen nightmare” being used, (so glad it didn’t)

I gather you were seated at our chefs special high table where you get to see the whole kitchen action in “full technicolour”. From rolling pizzas, putting the tomato sugo and toppings on before scooping this raw product up in their pizza peal and placing it in their desired spot in our flame oven, then shuffle & rotate the other pizzas to ensure they are all cooked to perfection, sometimes the chefs are distracted for whatever reason & a pizza gets burnt which I’m thankful to say is not that often as if it does, they make a new one! I’m sorry you had to wait a bit for service however I am glad you did, thank you!

On the other side of the flame oven you watch the pasta station in action prepare the pasta sauces before dropping the desired pasta from our pasta boiler into the pot for the finishing touches. A true spectacle to witness & I am happy you like our results!

It can be a bit alarming how my Italian staff talk to one another, I understand they do not say please or thank you as this is expressed in the tone of their voices. (Very strange from my Glaswegian point of view)

I’m so glad in your second visit you had a more relaxing seat & everything appeared a bit calmer. Pasquale my Operations Manager was the person who looked after you on both visits & he remembered you had split bill the previous time!

So again thank you for your wonderful review & I hope we have the opportunity to entertain you again on your next visit to Douglas!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely delicious freshly cooked food, amazing staff and a great atmosphere. My new favourite restaurant!

3  Thank Virginia H
Mitch S, Director of Sales at Just Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Thank you for your amazing review and award of 5*’s, I’m so please that we ticked all your boxes to make Just Pizza & Pasta your new favourite restaurant! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We come here every week and the food and service is always top notch! Everyone is so friendly and it’s one of the cheapest places in Douglas to eat ! X

3  Thank Kerry S
Mitch S, Director of Sales at Just Pizza & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you so much for your continued support, lovely review & award of 5*’s. It’s nice to read that our food and service you feel is “top notch”.
Looking after our customers is what we love to do! I’ve said many times in the past that good authentic rustic Italian food should not cost a fortune & I like to think that’s reflected in our pricing.
Thank you once again, we hope to look after you again soon!