“My Kind of Plaice”

Price range: US$23 - US$65
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned Seafood restaurant for over 10 years in the heart of Douglas just off North Quay. Tanroagan's dining room boasts an open plan kitchen giving diners a great view of the chefs at work. Our a la carte menu and black board specials offer guests a delicious choice of seafood as well as meaty options with a strong emphasis on local Manx produce. You can book online via our website or facebook page. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to this restaurant & again I was not disappointed. This visit was on a snowy freezing evening, which meant that many people had cancelled their reservations. There was also an issue with the water supply, so they could not use the ice machine.

We arrived and ordered Gin & Tonics. We were then informed about the ice issue, but were told not to worry as a member of staff would go out & buy some. The weather was so foul I said we would have wine instead.

The Staff are excellent, friendly yet professional. The two guys in the kitchen work well together & produce some excellent food.

For dinner we started with Warm Goats Cheese Salad, which my wife said was delicious. I started with Duck also very good.

Mains consisted of Homemade Fish Fingers & Chips. I had the Hake on a White Bean,Chorizo & Pancetta Stew. On the Menu it is served with sea bass but I asked for a change to the Hake. Hake is the preferred fish for this dish in Spain.The kitchen had no problem with this request. Both mains were delicious.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Great fish and seafood restaurant. The soy glazed hake was out of this world! Lovely cosy atmosphere at the restaurant and great service.Highly recommended

Reviewed December 2, 2017

Very good crepes and I would come back for these. The wine was also good as was the service, because it came out on time for the group. I think that the desserts need working on.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Very accomplished cooking - great fish - Chef was very interactive and understands his fish - we enjoyed it here.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

We were a party of 14 on a very busy Friday night. Our orders were taken and the food arrived all at the same time. Our wine and drinks orders also arrived at the time. The food was very good and the staff were excellent.