“Lunch after a cliff walk from Glen May”

Harbour LIghts Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Peel
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Often described as your Granny’s front room our fine collection of china cups and tea-plates (many donated by happy customers and friends ) forms the backdrop to this traditional tearoom. Our log fire keeps customers warm in winter and the fine views of the beach and castle are second to none.Open throughout the year, our evening restaurants are especially popular so please remember to book . Local favourites are Peel Smoked Kippers our famous Battered Cod and Mrs Jones’s Rich Fruit cake and Tea-bread. Our homemade desserts with whipped Manx Cream are another great favourite.Evenings in Peel give customers a real treat, a three course meal plus coffee with plenty of choice and a great atmosphere. Peel is also popular as a venue for private dinner parties and can comfortably seat up to 35 guests. Our Peel restaurant in not licensed so feel free to bring along your own wine.
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect end to a morning walk along the coast from Glen May. The Haddock, bacon and poached eggs was perfectly cooked and the brown bread and butter was fresh and delicious. The staff were friendly and the location is perfect on the promenade. It is next to a great ice cream shop, but you won’t want to go there afterwards as the deserts are great (and big portions).

Reviewed July 3, 2018

We wanted somewhere to buy fish and chips in paper at the seafront but failing finding that we stumbled across this café which was along the front. My husband had fish and chips which when it came was enormous, and I opted for lasagne and chips, also enormous. Together with a large pot of tea we thought the price was OK for the location.

Service was prompt and food hot, The atmosphere was quirky café. It was very busy. Would go again.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Average food but pricy, the roast turkey was ok but we only had a small dish of vegetables between us and at £15 was the most expensive meal I had during our visit to the IOM. Could be much better

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Our first visit here. My wife's poached smoked haddock on a rarebit was overcooked, dry and tasteless - which should be difficult to achieve with poaching! We told the staff member of the problem at the time but there was no response apart from a brief 'Sorry for that'. My mushrooms and bacon on toast were dry and the bacon quite leathery. It looked and tasted as if it had been cooked quite some time before and kept 'hot', but had dried out. Probably neither meal was helped by the plates being incredibly hot. All in all, disappointing especially as we know that other Harbour Lights establishments offer much better quality food than this. Maybe we just picked a bad day.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in this quaint chintzy restaurant.
The coffee was bottomless, and although the cheerful waitress topped us up it almost went cold waiting for more milk. The breakfast is good but it’s also the most expensive breakfast I’ve had on the island coming in at whopping £10.50 for a full English without tea or coffee- almost £60 for 4 adults with coffee & tea. Yes I enjoyed my breakfast, would I return?? Probably not because I think it was slightly overpriced tbh bearing in mind that they call themselves a cafe & restaurant, and there lies my problem reasonably tasting cafe food at restaurant prices.