“Best Garlic Nan Ever”
Review of Shampan

Shampan
Reserve with OpenTable
Shampan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 167 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Description: Thank you for choosing Shampan for your recent stay in Whitley Bay. We'd be grateful if you would review us on TripAdvisor. It's the world's largest travel site, helping over 60 million visitors every month plan the perfect trip. Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read other people's reviews before their visit. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I called in for the Thursday £11.95 special. I added £2 so that I could upgrade my main - prawn Korma - to King Prawn.
The service was superb. The background Indian music tasteful, but most of all, the food was EXQUISITE.

I will definitely return with friends. 5* everything. What lovely people they are.

Mike Waller

(and I live 300 yards away!)

Reviewed July 6, 2017

I visited a couple of nights ago with my husband and friends after seeing a positive comment about the restaurant on my Facebook page. I have to say that we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is lovely, the food is fantastic and the staff are wonderful; attentive without being "in your face" and happy to stand and chat for a few minutes and have a laugh. I have no hesitation in recommending Shampan and, if you haven't been yet, you're missing a treat. I will definitely be returning soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Great selection of food, worried this would mean food wasn't good but very happily surprised. Each dish we ordered was tasty and meaty. Tried a few alternatives in the vicinity and found them to be bland but food we ordered here was really flavoursome. Definitely coming again

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

First time we've been and certainly won't be the last,the whole experience was amazing,the atmosphere was warm and welcoming,we hadn't booked a table but were seated quickly despite it being a busy Friday night,the food was absolutely amazing,I ordered a dish which was hotter than expected so asked for yogurt but the waiter was so kind&said that they would make a milder version for me(very kind as it said on menu -hot !) all of our food was absolutely delighted,fresh,high quality&real food for the soul,but what made the night so special was the staff,they bring customer service to a whole new level,I work in this industry myself and have a lot to learn from the people like the staff at the Shaman they were attentive,warm,welcoming,friendly& extremely proud,an absolute credit to the restaurant but I'm guessing this is down to the manager/owner who has customer service skills second to none,I will most definitely be returning & recommending this superb restaurant.Thankyou to you all for an amazing meal.

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Visited on Friday night at 9.00 with no reservation. Seemed full but got seated quickly. Nice place, nice staff, food very tasty and well presented. Reasonably priced. Deserve all the good reviews.