“Gorgeous Food and Brilliant Staff”
Review of Shampan

Shampan
Ranked #1 of 167 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Description: Thank you for choosing Shampan for your recent stay in Whitley Bay. We'd be grateful if you would review us on TripAdvisor. It's the world's largest travel site, helping over 60 million visitors every month plan the perfect trip. Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read other people's reviews before their visit. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed May 29, 2018

I visited Shampan last week for my Birthday with Family, I had been once before for take out and loved the dish Palak Gosht Roshune. This time i manged to sample four dishes Palak Gosht Roshune again (Tremendous) Desi Naga (Mouth Watering) Chicken Tikka Khakri and the Honey Lapiaza and happy to report every dish was amazing food heaven in fact. I'm a lover of Indian Cuisine and have ben to al the Top rated places in the North east and honestly all others pale in comparison to the food at Shampan the entire Family was delighted with the meal and the staff couldnt have been friendlier. I would urge anyone to visit this place as i'l be back very soon and cant wait to sample other dishes on the Menu .

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Visited recently ahead of a visit to the cinema. We did not have a lot of time so Shampan made sure we were served really quickly. Never been to this restaurant again but I will certainly be back - could not fault the service or the food.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Visited here for the first time tonight and from start to finish everything was spot on. Staff are attentive and engaging, friendly whilst professional. The food was excellent. I had king prawn pathia and both the sauce and the prawns were tasty and not overcooked. The restaurant itself is fitted out beautifully and it's certainly not a traditional Indian look, but modern and airy. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank SJLUK
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Checked out reviews for this restaurant - looked good. We weren’t disappointed. Probably the best Indian meal I’ve eaten.
Staff were helpful and food was fantastic.
Slightly more expensive that typical Indian restaurant but so worth it!!
If I lived closer, I would be a regular!!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We visited this place on Saturday 19/5/2018 based on the really good reviews it was receiving and wanting to try a new Indian restaurant.
The décor is the first thing that strikes you, it is smart and contemporary without being over the top.
We started with a pickle tray and poppadum's which was basically the same as other places, we then went on to starters of Chicken Chat & Punjabi Chicken Tikka which we really enjoyed.
Our mains were a fish dish & Chef special Balti which were spoilt by the chefs over use of coriander.
We went here as a couple & I know its not the restaurants fault however our night was totally spoilt by a party of drunken idiots who were seated beside us.
The price of the food & drinks are really reasonable.