“Food was pretty good, not very authentic though”
Review of Siam Bay - CLOSED

Siam Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food overall was quite nice, just didn't blow any of us away. It was nice that they seemed to get the spiciness of the food right. We went with a few people who don't like hot food (we love it though) and everyone was very happy with their meal.

Thai restaurants obviously struggle to get fresh ingredients, but then, we were comparing to food we had in Thailand last year, so I guess it's not a fair comparison. As thai goes, this is one of the better ones in Whitley Bay though.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Only had takeaway but possibly the worst I've ever,had rice was congealed, noodles were like elastic bands ,chicken (I think it was chicken) rubbery and tasteless.complete waste of money most of it went in the bin!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

what a totally disappointing experience ... monday night and they couldnt even get a simple order of rice and curry rice. I would expect that the most basic of restaurants could put a pan of rice into a some boiling water ... what we received for an inflated price of £20 was a plastic tub of glue. mixed with some dead maggotts... The curry, if you call call it a curry was the effleunt from a sewer mixed with the carcass of a dead rat..

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Have eaten in many Thai restaurants and enjoyed the food. The food here is truly terrible. The restaurant was absolutely freezing and virtually empty (it was a Friday night). I don't know how the "chef" managed to make the food so utterly tasteless and actually rather nasty. I didn't want to say anything because it might have spoiled the evening for my friends. If I'd been on my own I would have refused to pay. And on that note I can say it wasn't a particularly cheap meal.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We decided to try Siam Bay, although we didn't have very high expectations in the first place. We ordered a takeaway rather than eating in. The food was absolutely repulsive; I wouldn't feed it to a dog. The dishes were extremely overpriced for the pitiful amount and quality food that we were given. The chicken was rubbery; even though there wasn't much of it! The chicken satay didn't even have satay sauce around it. The noodles were overly sweet and the main dishes were ridiculously hot despite being labelled 'mild'-quite frankly they must have poured a bottle of chilli powder on them. I couldn't even identify the ingredients in the mixed selection starter. Our dishes looked liked vomit which isn't exactly enticing and had I received this food in the restaurant I would have refused to pay. I can't believe people have actually put positive reviews about the food here; an utter disgrace- a true dog's dinner, oh wait, even the dog would regurgitate this!