“Gets you there but not a great service”
Review of Greyhound

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have been taking a bus from CT to Boston once a week for the past 7 years. There was a time (prior to Fall 2017) that Peter Pan Bus and Greyhound were merged. During that time I never had an issue with riding on Greyhound. Since the split Greyhound has been awful. I take a 10pm bus out of Boston. Greyhound is the only option for this travel time, they have no competitor and therefore no reason to try to do better. They are routinely late without an explanation often leaving the station up to an hour late. I can understand when a bus arrives late in the city during rush hour but not at 10pm. I witness all the other bus lines in the station arriving and departing on time, not Greyhound. Sometimes the bus drivers randomly stop on the route home. Once we stopped without explanation at a Burger King making the bus that had left the station late even later getting to its destination.

The free onboard wifi is unreliable and when it does work there is a regular pop-up ad for discounts on hotels. The outlets often don't work or when they do they are loose, plugs fall out of them. The buses are old and creaky, the bathroom smell wafts through the aisles everytime someone opens the restroom door.

I also use Peter Pan bus whenever it is an option. They have improved since the separation from Greyhound. Great customer service. In general newer buses. Much more reliable wifi and, with the exception of high traffic times of day, Peter Pan is always punctual and has great communication with their customers. Greyhound should take some cues from Peter Pan.

2  Thank Jessica S

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I took the Greyhound from Cleveland to Chicago the day after Easter 2018. The bus left roughly a half hour late. The Operator, one Brandon Hall, was perhaps the best driver I have ever had on a bus. He deserved an award for being a safe, responsible operator and an Oscar for being a skilled, serious, and at times humorous, orator. But good driving could not make up for the deplorable condition of the Cleveland Greyhound station. It looked like the windows and glass doors hadn't been cleaned in months. Worst of all was the condition of the men's restroom. It was filthy. And not a single square of clean toilet tissue could be found in any of the half-dozen toilets. Every toilet paper roll was empty, down to the core. Whoever is in charge of housekeeping, the head of the station, and whoever in the Health Department is in charge of overseeing that facility all deserve to be fired!

Reviewed March 24, 2018

I bought a ticket using not personal credit card, and got billed extra 18$! This didn't show this up at the online website. What a ripoff!

1  Thank rally d
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

The person from Seattle bus station charge 20 dollars more when I bought my ticket
He charged 59.99 to Ellensburg Washington after he told me that the ticket to Yakima Washington
Was 39.99
This person was rude and he is used to do this fraud.
I am disappointed with this way to make money.
Do not buy ticket on the Seattle's greyhound station.
If it is possible find another way of transportation, or if you can, buy the ticket online.
The experience was awful.