See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 2, 2016

At the age of 59 I have stayed in countless hotels in my lifetime but this has to be right down there at the bottom of the pile. Along with a group of 14 cyclists and 6 back up crew we chose this hotel as it was in the right location at the end of day 2 of our circumnavigation of the whole island of Cyprus. So at the end of a long day in the saddle we were looking forward to a nice rest in a decent room. Where do I start - no running water in the bathroom, no facilities whatsoever in the room bar a bed and a wardrobe. The balcony had not been cleaned for year's along with the pigeon droppings. It looked like a refurbishment had started but simply been abandoned. The patio leaked all over my cycling clothing which I was attempting to dry as I couldn't wash them. When we complained to the owner his response was, and I quote: "I have a full hotel with customers, if you don't like it don't ever come back." Well we certainly won't and I would strongly advise you not to book either. Faulty towers doesn't come anywhere close.

Room tip: Don't book this hotel!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2016

We had a poor experience but perhaps the main thing that stood out was that this hotel needs a lot more care and attention. The impression we had was of a hotel that did not receive many visitors - we think we were the only ones staying which lent a bit of a spooky feel to the stay - and that it had had better days.
On arrival it seemed we were unexpected; building works and rubbish were strewn on the steps of the hotel but most adversely the poolside area had building rubble all around. Numerous unused buildings around the pool again indicated a better past. We were directed to breakfast at a building by the sea which again looked dirty and unloved. The breakfast was better than we expected but our expectations had not been high. One of the strangest things was that salt water emitted from the shower; when I commented on this I was told - this is Cyprus. I guess that this is a country issue but it added to a feeling of unease.
One of the other factors involved was the price - £60 a night was too high for what we got.
I don't like writing such negative reviews but feel that holiday makers deserve an accurate picture of our experience so they can take the risk of it having improved.
I think that with more staff attention - a lot of cleaning and tidying the place could deliver a much better experience.

Room tip: Front of hotel but the main problem was cleanliness
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2015

Eight if us have just spent one week in this amazing hotel one of the best hotels we have stayed in years we were vegetarians and the food in the korfez restaurant is top quality our rooms were all sea view and cleaned every day all the staff are so friendly and all speak english which makes life so much easier both pools were clean the spa and massage service was amazing too !

Room tip: 3rd floor sea view for sure !
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

The Bogaz hotel has a great location built right next to the sea in the charming fishing village of Bogaz. Ideally placed for exploring the quiet east coast, with Farmagusta and Salamis close by, as well as the beautiful Kantara castle and Karpas peninsular. The hotel itself has big rooms, with air con at very reasonable prices, it is a bit dated and run down : reflected in the price, it could do with some modernisation if trade allowed. Very quiet, peaceful and with nice restaurants built in the shoreline.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2015

Although the location is not so close to Famagosta and Salamina, I would suggest this place as it is out of the touristic chaos. It has been a very pleasant vacation at Bogaz and the people at the reception and restaurant were really nice (particularly our friendly Teresa who spoke even Italian and helped us to organise our transport to Salamis and Gazimagusa)). The owner and the other staff (with very good English) were also very nice. The restaurant prepared very good food and the private beach was across the street and very quite. I would only suggest to pay major attention to the cleanness of the room (the toilet wasn't very clean and so the carpet in the room although we mentioned it and things improved). Overall a place that I would recommend to whom is looking for a simple but enough comfortable place to stay while visiting Salamis, Gazimagusa and the Karpaz.

Room tip: The room on the seaside front can be slightly noisy if you like to keep the window opened but with AC no, absolutely no problem.
Date of stay: August 2015