“Appealing for many......”
Review of Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope
Ranked #5 of 12 Shopping in Sandown
More attraction details
Owner description: Gift shop selling gemstone jewellery, gemstone carvings, fossils, minerals, and dreamcatchers. Our opening times are as follows: Monday and Tuesday: CLOSED Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday: 11.00 - 13.00; 15.00 - 17.00 Friday: 15.00 - 17.00 SUMMER HOLIDAYS from end of July to end of August open daily 10.30 - 17.00 and evenings 20.00 - 21.30
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Found this shop on the way to the beach, dragged in by my children, I must say I was taken aback by the selection of different jewellery, crystals and fossils that were on offer. As the shop looks quite small from the outside it is quite an illusion inside. The children were able to use pocket money on what they wanted to buy, as prices were reasonable...... actually quite cheap compared to the local stone shops where we live......also purchased myself a fossil. Would like to thank the lady, who was quite helpful and pleasant. Would suggest anyone visiting Sandown to pop in.

3  Thank jodie s
"shop"
in 19 reviews
"gifts"

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Great shop, last it was worse than than few years back, shop lady had no clue on minnrals very unuseful

KaleidoscopeIOW, Owner at Kaleidoscope, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

I am so pleased you still think it's a great shop but you obviously haven't read my response to your previous review in May 2014. I am still a gift shop and NOT a mineral adviser and you clearly didn't ask to look at any books. Thank you for returning and do call in again and say hello.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Its a great shop to buy gifts, but when asking about minnrals n crystals, they are clueless.
I been here in the past it was realy good, knew what they was selling, but it dont help to know a knowledge of something, when shops about minnrals n crystals.
This year id like this see an imporovement.

1  Thank Dronecall F
KaleidoscopeIOW, Owner at Kaleidoscope, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Hi,
I am sorry you were not happy with your experience in our shop on this occasion but I also notice you did not give us a good review when you were! I am a gift shop NOT a mineral or crystal advisor but do have books in the shop you can refer to if you ask. Do call in again and say hello.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a small shop that sells gem stone, incense .... nothing you can't buy elsewhere.
Not worth making a special trip but if you are around that area you can have a look.
For gem stones the natural history museum shop (London), I think has a better range.

KaleidoscopeIOW, Owner at Kaleidoscope, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

As a small shop that sells gemstones, gemstone jewellery and fossils I am surprised you would compare me to the natural history museum shop (London) and can only thank you for the compliment.