All reviewssuperior roomcoal firehigh teashower trayexceptional valueon arrivalbeds were comfortablereturn visitgreat showerdouble bedmain coursesconesmealplugensuitescotlandwhiskey
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Arrived in Blairgowrie for a night stop and as I didn't know the area that well the images posted by booking.com looked good for one night. On arrival the receptionist promptly found our booking and we were allocated a room on the first floor. The room was quite large for two people and it had a sofa to sit on. Tea & Coffee facilities were provided. The ensuite had a powerful water jet for the shower and internally it was clean, there was quite a lot of dirt on the outside of the shower tray which could easily be rectified. The building is obviously a very old unit which will take a lot of TLC and more maintenance to bring it up to the standard of a 2/3 star hotel. The breakfast in the morning was a full Scottish which was very good and the chef/owner quite amusing, certainly cheering up the guests. The room rate through booking.com was £78 for a double room with free breakfast.
Hopefully the next time we pass through Blairgowrie the Royal Hotel will have the torn net curtains replaced and the sash windows repaired so that if you require fresh air the windows can be opened and locked in position. I am sure that these few things when fixed will earn you a better review as the hotel is situated centrally has a small car park to the side of the building, a good sized bar with a small dining area next to it. The cost of an evening meal is very competitive and helpings are generous although we didn't eat here. A single gin/tonic and a whiskey/ginger ale was £8, again very competitive for this area.
The bed was quite hard and were two single divans pushed together to make a double, which I am sure is acceptable for the hotel trade these days.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward M
Reviewed June 26, 2017

A comfortable room, at a very good rate (I'd phone the hotel, personally) and one of the best breakfasts I've eaten. Parking is a bit tight,but this is a small town that's managed to keep many thriving businesses that keep a hold on their own territories. I want to come back, to do some more exploring; and I'd (definitely) hope to stay at The Royal, so redolent of History!

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank Busybee888
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

A grubby, smelly hotel. Noisy rooms, with hoards of Chinese coming in late and leaving very early and noisily. Difficult to lock your room, old beds, the toilet flushes very poorly, but the shower was fine. My husband had to shave while leaning over the toilet- the only mirror was above the loo. Breakfast was extremely friendly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2017

on wednesday 2 may eight of us meet up for high tea at the royal hotel.what a selection of meals available on the menu and found the meals all freshly made.
the service was very good. the scones were heated and the selection of cakes
excellent.we all felt we would be back at a price of £9.95 per person. it could not be bad.the meal was served in a clean and pleasant lounge. a nice time was had by all.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank alymuir
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

I and my church friends (brothers) visited the Royal Hotel in Blairgowrie last Thursday we all ordered their curry night specials. I ordered chicken jalfrazi curry. It was spicy and delicious. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends