“Heaven on a plate”

Price range: US$64 - US$106
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant specialising in seafood - exacting standards recognised with a Michelin star. The restaurant offers large rooms above, providing a 'restaurant with rooms' Dinner+Bed+Breakfast package, ideal for the perfect luxurious mini-break on the stunning North Devon coast. All double rooms have views of the coast, roll-top baths or jacuzzi baths and Nespresso coffee machines. The Michelin Guide: "A simple, homely restaurant set in a 19C townhouse and run by experienced local chef. Ultra-fresh seafood is the focus. . . Bedrooms have a pleasant period feel, and some have great views.." The restaurant is situated ten minutes from 'Woolacombe Sands' consistently rated as the number one beach in the UK, 20 minutes from Exmoor National park, a day boat trip from UNESCO designated 'Lundy Island' and on our doorstep we have 'Verity' an 80ft tall sculpture gifted to the town by Damien Hurst - arguably the most famous living artist in the world.
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Visited here with friends and had the best 7 course tasting menu ever. Each course was just super delicious in it's own rights, none of us could name an outstanding dish as they were all outstanding. The service was also excellent. We are so lucky to have such great restaurants in Ilfracombe and even luckier to have a Michelin Star restaurant. Well done Thomas and the Team keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Well I would love to say we got an opportunity to sit in and eat but we didn't so I can not even give a review on the food, I can only review on the manor it which I was spoken to on the phone to which I was simply told no tables available and phone promptly put down on me, the only reason I called was I had no response to my emails with regards to trying to book a table for an anniversary dinner, needless to say I would not recommend this place, extremely disappointing!

4  Thank Lilkentkitchen123
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Friendly service, amazing food, very well presented. Combination of flavours is thoughtfully conceived.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We enjoyed the 6-course vegetarian taster menu on Thursday evening. The food and service were both wonderful. Whilst we were in the restaurant for over 3 hours, we didn't feel time had dragged at all. We can honestly say it was the best meal we've had for years. It's a MUST visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Amazing food. Considered the tasting menu with 8 dishes, but decided to have 3 courses each with no duplications, so still managed to try 6 of the dishes on the taster menu.

Food was absolutely fantastic, the flavours really intense.

Staff very friendly and knowledgable. Wine list excellent.