Review Highlights
Visit to our local cinema

Charming cinema - the staff do their very best to welcome and accommodate you! I was able to... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2018
Tommy C
Love this place - a step back in time.

What a super little cinema this is. We have been several times in the past but this latest time... read more

Reviewed September 29, 2018
ysggem
Birmingham, United Kingdom

All reviews leather seats sound quality multi screen high street welcoming staff rainy day little gem movie films multiplex tickets merlin projection rows dunkirk booster refreshments
Reviewed November 20, 2014

A real olde worlde cinema. Ticket prices are very low but refreshments just as extortionate as anywhere else. The screen we were in allowed bar drinks which was nice. There were also tables and leather settees and armchairs. LOADS of legroom. Clean toilets. Oh, the film was okay too!

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed November 5, 2014

You will often have the cinema almost, if not completely to yourself. I have never seen it full though I don't go in the Summer, when the prices are higher. They run £2.99 deals and the Movie Magic card, if you are local or live in the South West is well worth the money. Staff are super friendly too. The seats especially the back row sofas are very uncomfortable and tired however.

Date of experience: May 2014
1  Thank NaughtyMagpie
Reviewed October 8, 2014

Cinema feels pretty 'worn' and is clearly old style. Only 2 others in cinema when I was there on a Saturday night in September, which was actually quite nice and enabled me to 'immerse' myself in the movie with no distractions and no-one sitting in front of me. Good to have this in Ilfracombe, but seats getting very worn.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed September 26, 2014 via mobile

We loved this cinema.
Visited on weds 24th September to see Pride - great film!
It was like stepping back in time to the plush red seats and the swish of the curtain opening.
Friendly staff who appeared to know most of the customers.
A lovely experience.
Thanks

1  Thank Sp1967
Reviewed September 6, 2014

As an ex projectionist and a keen cinemagoer I visited the Embassy whilst holidaying with my wife in Ilfracombe. The Merlin group who own the cinema are obviously very keen on ensuring their customers experience a modern cinema combined with good old fashioned service. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the quality of presentation of the film was superb. It was lovely to see curtains and masking being used as well as quality lighting, a refreshing change from the multiplex cinemas who tend to not bother with the refinements of presenting a film. I mentioned to the manager I was an ex projectionist and we had a very interesting conversation about cinemas in general and he took the trouble to show my wife and I around the projection rooms which were very impressive. Over the last couple of years cinemas have had to convert from using 35mm film to the new digital systems which has cost has cost huge sums of money. Bearing this in mind it is good to note that the Merlin Group have kept their admission prices to a very reasonable level. Whether you are a resident of Ilfracombe or a holiday maker a visit to the Embassy will be a great experience.

Date of experience: September 2014