“Brilliant retro cinema”
Review of Embassy Cinema

Embassy Cinema
Ranked #3 of 6 Fun & Games in Ilfracombe
Reviewed January 10, 2015

I loved our visit to this cinema. We went to see the Hobbit and I could not believe how cheap the tickets were - 2 for under a tenner on a Saturday afternoon. The cinema was quirky and the theatre small but I really liked it. The chairs were the old style which lean back and give you leg space. It was clean and quiet and had a lovely respectful atmosphere. It was different to our local cinema experience but it a very good way. I'm pleased we found this little gem and paid it a visit and the film was great too!

2  Thank Anna W
"refreshments"
"holiday"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 26, 2014

Little but large. Catering for all across the years. Hunger Games episode 3 part 1 is my next trip. I hope to see you there.

1  Thank wiselady1950
Reviewed November 20, 2014

A real olde worlde cinema. Ticket prices are very low but refreshments just as extortionate as anywhere else. The screen we were in allowed bar drinks which was nice. There were also tables and leather settees and armchairs. LOADS of legroom. Clean toilets. Oh, the film was okay too!

Reviewed November 5, 2014

You will often have the cinema almost, if not completely to yourself. I have never seen it full though I don't go in the Summer, when the prices are higher. They run £2.99 deals and the Movie Magic card, if you are local or live in the South West is well worth the money. Staff are super friendly too. The seats especially the back row sofas are very uncomfortable and tired however.

1  Thank NaughtyMagpie
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2014

Cinema feels pretty 'worn' and is clearly old style. Only 2 others in cinema when I was there on a Saturday night in September, which was actually quite nice and enabled me to 'immerse' myself in the movie with no distractions and no-one sitting in front of me. Good to have this in Ilfracombe, but seats getting very worn.