Review Highlights
Visit to our local cinema

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Tommy C
Love this place - a step back in time.

Reviewed September 29, 2018
ysggem
Birmingham, United Kingdom

All reviews leather seats multi screen welcoming staff rainy day little gem movie films multiplex tickets projection rows booster refreshments
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Charming cinema - the staff do their very best to welcome and accommodate you! I was able to purchase a tea and take it into the performance and my partner had a Peroni Beer! Took my own small cushion as the seats can be a little uncomfortable and leg room is a little cramped but it is a small local cinema so you take the rough with the smooth! We saw Bad times at the El Royale which was very entertaining - not the best film quality or surround sound but it was still an enjoyable night out - soon to be repeated if they show some decent thriller or sci fi movies!

Reviewed September 29, 2018

What a super little cinema this is. We have been several times in the past but this latest time we were in a different 'screen'. There are only about 8 rows of seats in this one and it is quite charming. Downstairs is an area to sit and wait with a drink - or not - until the 'screen' is ready for use. Very friendly, helpful staff and an air of nostalgia about the whole experience. The film - Winter Ridge - wasn't bad either!

Reviewed September 28, 2018

Had some lovely trips to this cinema lately, cant recommend it highly enough! The place itself is very comfortable- especially Screen 7 with its very large squishy chairs and sofas for 2! The tickets are excellent value , even more so if you buy a yearly Magic Merlin Card which is unbelievably cheap! The staff there are always very polite and couldn't be any more helpful, especially the lady called Lorraine, her customer service skills are second to none! The only downside is that I cant get my elderly mother up the stairs to visit, a lift would be great if possible! Many Thanks!

2  Thank Bettina C
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Going to this cinema is like going back in time. It's very dated & does not have air conditioning. People had to keep leaving the theatre to get fresh air.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

A Small Cinema (38 Seats). Very good screen view with Comfortable Seats. Sound quality is good. Gets a bit warm so suspect no a/c. Easy access to refreshments though.The staff were very helpful. Car parking is available reasonably close by.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Have come to the Cinema to see Mission Impossible with my mum. We don't frequent the cinema but I was so impressed with the service I received I felt the need to write this review! I didn't get his name but he had said it was his first few days. What a welcoming we revived as did ALL the customers who were buying tickets/snacks. He was friendly and quick with getting things together. All the staff were friendly and helpful but wanted to give him recognition for being so on the ball! Great cinema in general cosy seats and a nice temperature (I always end up too hot in the cinema!) all in all a great Visit!

2  Thank Emma T
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Nice, cosy cinema, with Friendly staff. My husband liked that it is a local cinema but still very busy.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

There is definitely a place for a big, glossy multiplex! Big, shiny movies like Avengers are particularly suited. But there is something special about an old independent cinema when it's well done. Part of it is nostalgia, because all cinemas were like this when I was a kid! However, cinemas like The Dome in Worthing and The Prince Charles just off Leicester Square are fantastic. They are part of the experience rather than just somewhere to have the experience. The Embassy is a little gem like those, but all the better for being such an unexpected surprise. The staff at the bar were also great, accommodating, friendly and happy to share their feelings about the place. It was teh perfect setting to see a well done horror / chiller (A Quiet Place). I loved it!

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Really had a wonderful night watching the greatest showman. Not only is the film really good but the snacks and drink packages and the friendliness of the staff are amazing. I really enjoy a night out in a comfortable cinema.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I have been a member for about 5 years now. Seen over 200 movies there probaly and it is worth every penny. The manager is very polite and so is his staff. If you read this come to this place