All reviews breakfast was excellent tea coffee hot chocolate honesty bar mr mrs comfortable bed last minute booking bottled water lovely house full english breakfast yogurt short stay stayed for one night would stay here again walking distance excellent stay b and b heather
Reviewed September 6, 2018

My husband and I booked this at the last minute on our drive down from London to Devon. Heather was very accommodating to us and welcomes children - she was fabulous with our son.
Be warned - lots of steps upstairs so not good if you have disabilities. She was lovely and helped us carry all our baby things upstairs. The bed was a bit small but that is because we have a super king at home and this was a double!
The breakfast was very good and plenty of it - her breakfast room is delightful!
I liked her hospitality and her house is not far from town by car so I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We had a great week stay at Strathmore.
Comfortable bed and bedding. Extra pillows were available on request but four is more than enough for me and my husband.
The bedroom was also a good temperature despite the heat outside.
Very filling breakfast and Heather was very helpful in accommodating requests to meet specific dietary requirements (if you contact her in advance she is very happy to provide what you need).
Heather was a very attentive host.
Would definitely recommend.
When I booked I didn't realise the guest house was pet friendly as I wouldn't have usually booked into a place that said that as I didn't think I liked dogs and would worry it smelt of animals. But I am very happy I did as Poppy (the owners dog) was very friendly, the whole building was exceptionally clean and smelt good and I didn't see any other pets as they are not allowed in the breakfast room anyway.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked last minute for one night to recover from a holiday with the grandkids we ended up staying three nights! Heather and Poppy the dog are so welcoming Heather can't do enough to make your stay perfect. Yes it is a traditional B&B but it's like staying in a small stately home with the halls and rooms filled with curios.I deny any women not to have a Poldark moment when walking down the most beautiful staircase. Have an appetite go for the full English breakfast it's huge and Heather is happy to top it up if you want. Rooms are spotless and modern but in keeping with the age of the house. Only draw back you need to be fit to cope with the stairs but it's worth it for the peace and quiet. Will definitely return next time when we holiday with the grandkids!Thanks for a fantastic stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Strathmore while we attended a wedding at Tunnels Beaches (5 minutes drive away). Heather, the owner, is very welcoming and so friendly and helpful. You can see how much pride she puts into her guest house; she provides an excellent customer service. Our room was fabulous and had everything you'd need to get ready for a wedding - power points, mirrors, small tables and the en suite was lovely. The breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of choice.
The guest house was in a great location and had a nice garden. It would be a great place to stay for a longer visit to the area.
I would highly recommend Strathmore and I hope we get chance to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2018

This wonderful lady shares her home with you as a warm and friendly B&B I was here alone but never felt lonely and my room at the top was clean comfortable and charming overlooking the little hillside garden.
Often, when travelling solo, one gets a second class room but not so, here. Dogs very welcome and my dog recommends the cut up sausage presented at breakfast time!
Excellent choice of food, immaculate dining room, beautiful park close by for dog walks.
Heather is Scotland's loss but England's gain! I'm coming back again to Strathmore.

Room Tip: top floor room at rear peaceful and private.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo