All reviews coach house linen room orangery restaurant china room golf club wonderful wedding store room double shower roll top bath luxurious bathroom wedding weekend main building surrounding countryside for sunday lunch lovely room following morning walk in shower
Reviewed June 24, 2017

We enjoyed a family holiday at Trefloyne Manor in their self catering accommodation named The Loft.
We enjoyed the accommodation and the beautiful surroundings and views! The Loft was just what we needed for the whole family - 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a lovely open plan kitchen/dining/living area.
The accommodation was clean and tidy and set in a beautiful location and it was great to have the hotel on the doorstep too - we popped over and enjoyed a drink in the bar on a few occasions! It was also nice to have the golf course on the doorstep (quite literally) - my Brother enjoyed a couple of rounds on some of the beautiful evenings we had during our stay. A great place to stay for our holiday and a great base to go out and about an explore.
The accommodation had everything you could need, except we could not find any oven gloves (which was a bit annoying as some of the family stayed in some nights as we had a little one and cooked - we managed and used a tea towel). We also found that the curtains in the bedrooms let a lot of light in and with the little one (18 months) made them struggle to go to sleep and made them wake up very early (4.30am) most mornings as they are used to thicker curtains. We thought as it stated when we booked that it was child friendly that this would be valuable feedback. We would have left this feedback but there was no book in the accommodation to leave reviews or feedback.
Overall the stay was excellent and we would certainly recommend!

Room Tip: Self Catering The Loft (sleeps 6)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely weekend in this beautifully situated country hotel.
All the rooms offer quality accommodation and the staff are very welcoming and helpful.
Excellent breakfast and a well stocked bar.
Would return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2017

A wonderful stay in a beautiful setting,lovely room, spotless, nothing too much trouble for the friendly staff. Food excellent, nice freshly cooked breakfast, evening meal delicious. All in all fantastic, will be back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2017

WOW after reading the previous review I feel as if I have just returned from a different hotel as everything we en-counted over the last two days was completely the opposite to the one below and we can do nothing but praise the staff and their happy friendly professionalism, I just wish I was into golf and I would have a better excuse to visit more often.

Booked a room and suite with friends for two nights and both were spacious and stylish, location is great for visiting Tenby (5 mins by car) We spent a lovely evening on the first night in the restaurant, the food was gorgeous whilst all the staff we met were very attentive without being intrusive, two of us had the Fish pie and after reading a previous review I assume the Chef is back on track as ours was Excellent with large chunks of fish and prawns.

Breakfast is outstanding again served by happy friendly staff, it defiantly has the feel of a happy family business.

It was quite an expensive weekend away but you get what you pay for and we would happily return especially if their are ever any online deals.

Room Tip: Suite is great for sharing time with friends
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2017

The location of the hotel and the room we were given were fabulous and we congratulate you on that. Our dining experience however was a comedy of errors and bad service.

It was a very quiet night, hardly anyone in the dining room. We were shown to our table. The glass table was very dirty. Perhaps 15-20 ring marks from a glass at each of out table settings.

We had asked the waiter to bring a glass of pre-selected Merlot to the table with our mains. It didn't arrive and we had to request it after 15 minutes of trying to get the waiter to notice us. A few minutes later the water returned with a glass of white wine. My partner said not to worry she would have it.

I had ordered Parwns with chilli, garlic and lemon starter. What turned up was a small pan with a few prawns in lemon water - no chilli, no garlic, no butter just lemon water. Despite trying to catch his attention, the waiter didn't come near us for 20 mins by which time I had decided to eat the tiny amount of prawns I had been served. I told the waiter about the starter. No apology but he said he would mention it to the chef. When he came back, he made no mention of the starter or what the chef had said. No apology from the chef or waiter for prawns in lemon water. A simple "sorry about that" from the waiter would have been nice. We really should not have been charged for this dish but we were.

My partner had a starter of mushroom and peppers, it came swimming in oil, tasteless and desperately needed seasoning and flavor.

My steak was very poor. I requested medium to well done, it came as well done as steak could be. It had a nasty texture unlike any stake I had ever eaten before, it was more like venison. It was unseasoned and the only taste it had was of liver - really disappointing.
Chips were mostly hollow in the centre, very hard on the outside and full of oil instead of fluffy potato.

Pudding was baileys brioche with ice cream

Arrived red hot steaming like nothing I had ever seen before, an inch high piece of rubber. Incredibly dense like a Yorkshire pudding batter that had not risen. The chef had clearly tried to make a "brioche" in the microwave and had failed dismally. Ridiculously hot. My partner picked through the top layer and I tried some myself. We agreed, there was not a hint of baileys in it.

The waiter knew there had been issues with our meals but no mention of a reduction because of poor service and food was mentioned. There seemed little point complaining further as our earlier comments had been completely ignored so we paid in full.

The waiter did comment that the chef was racing round like a mad man so by your own staff's admission he was clearly out of his depth on a night when there were around 10-12 people in a very large dining room.

We overheard a lady at another table stating that ingredients were missed from her food too.

Breakfast

We were first down for breakfast and the only people there during our service so the staff and chef were able to give us their full attention. My partner asked if it would be possible to have grilled mushrooms. Breakfast was served promptly, too promptly if you know what I mean. My partners plate had fried mushrooms on it and the lady serving made no mention of her request.
I think it would have been more professional to just mention that it was beyond the
chefs ability to prepare a grilled mushrooms then ask if my partner wanted the oily mushrooms rather than just bring them and make no comment - very unprofessional.

The bacon was rock hard even though we were first down for breakfast, just as breakfast service had started - see the photo. Completely unacceptable. I believe the bacon, sausage, mushrooms and black pudding had all been deep fried - if not, the cooking process they had undergone rendered them with a texture and taste as if they had been deep fried. You can't do that with bacon. Perhaps it hadn't been deep fried but if you can imagine what deep fried bacon would be like, that was what we were served.

Your front of house staff need more training in customer service. You don't completely ignore customer requests for adjustment to dishes and you don't ignore the fact that dishes have been prepared incorrectly and badly and ingredients missed.

Whoever was chef during our stay needs a few more years training under the wings of someone who knows what they are doing. He really hasn't a clue.

Checking out

When we checked out £72 extra was added to our bill which was a little worrying.

I dread to think what would happen if this food were served at a wedding.

I do hope the management will show their professionalism, take this on the chin and not dry to discredit what we have said here.

What we have said is a very fair and accurate reflection of the food and service we received and we have made a point of not embellishing it in any way. In fact I've pulled a few punches.

We would stay there again because the room and location were lovely but we wouldn't have breakfast again as we like a good full English. Obviously we would never dine in the restaurant again.

Room Tip: Eat elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShrewsburyPete
infoT2342RL, General Manager at Trefloyne Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Wow!! We are at a loss as to how we answer you.. There are some comments we simply cannot understand, for example you mention glass tables in the Orangery which we don't have and we have not served pans for some months, as regards our staff I again do not understand your criticism as we have nothing but positive feedback from our guests. As for deep frying breakfast I can assure you breakfast is cooked freshly every morning and again amazing comments from our many guests.

However please let us know the dates you stayed with us then we will get the team together and try to solve the mystery of all these issue you seem to have.

Contact Tom via email or on 01834 842165